Sideshow Alien Space Jockey maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some pics with Neca-Dallas.

Attachments

• IMG_4732.jpg
    IMG_4732.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_4761.jpg
    IMG_4761.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_4758.jpg
    IMG_4758.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_4757.jpg
    IMG_4757.jpg
    423.1 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_4740.jpg
    IMG_4740.jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 248
This scene in alien made it look like the engineers were giants compared to humans. Then you watch Prometheus and the engineers seem to have shrunk in size. Anyone else notice this?

Hi every one,

This is my first message.

I love Alien as many of you. So i've bought this Space Jockey from Sideshow. The overall aspect is very good i think, but mine has a problem in the junction.

This is absolutely not perfect, i'm a bit disappointed and i don't see on other photos of people having the same issue as mine. Maybe i'm th only one...

IMG_20160807_051226.jpgIMG_20160807_051251.jpg

Are you talking about where the scope fits into the body of the Marquette ?

If so mine also doesn't align perfectly either. Also the scope/ cannon does not sit firmly in place.

But still a great looking piece.

I have noticed this in some of the other vids and photos other collectors have shown,
all to varying degrees.

I dont think you will find one which aligns perfectly. SSHOW quality control again !!! :thud:

@ovp3664 That's what i'm talking about and it is only visible on the side where the body of the space jockey is "broken", the other side has no issue.

When i look the pictures of Cocotti, it seems to fit perfectly.

For this kind of price, we deserve better quality control for sure.

Unfortunately this is the way Sideshow has gone. Their standards of QC have slipped.

Being new here you should check through other threads/forums. There are many comments made regarding QC issues with various collectibles.

If it really bugs you contact sideshow . They may offer you a discount or otherwise.

@ovp3664 I'm new but that's a long time i'm reading this forum and your comments..and see things about issues on different statue.

I don't think normal when you buy something like this to have this feeling and say to yourself " Oh great there is no issue on mine..." we should not have this kind of thoughts.

Anyway , i love this figure.

@j97e1 yes, there is something missing and it's painted so the man who did this has seen it without thinking about customer behind the space jockey...

I will check later if i can do something to correct this with milliput, tools and paint.

Vince_be

I totally agree.

We should not have these thoughts. Especially when we spend a lot of money on collectibles. You expect a standard of QC to be met for the price.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Some paint issues I guess I'll have to live with. The Neca Nostromo Crew appear to be perfect scale with the space jockey. As large as these memorabilia are makes arranging the room a challenge.

This scene in alien made it look like the engineers were giants compared to humans. Then you watch Prometheus and the engineers seem to have shrunk in size. Anyone else notice this?
because there were no "engineers" in Alien and no creatures from Alien in profeceus. didn't you notice this?

Back