Sideshow Alien Space Jockey maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's true, but as someone else mentioned earlier in this thread, it's missing that "fossilized look" that the movie implied. The paint doesn't even show age or weathering, just that beige/brown color, all over it.

I like the sculpt just dont know if i can get passed the paintjob on it. Maybe in person shots will look better than the protos.....but im not counting on that.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I agree. I was hoping for more shading and detail in the paint application or at least a fossilized weathered look like this:

hrg2.jpg

A simple wash would work wonders on this, I'm not sure why they wouldn't apply one tbh. It wouldn't take long, wouldn't cost much but would make them look much better.

Python, excuse my lack of knowledge on this. "A simple wash" can you please explain ? I too would like to achieve this fossilized look. Such a shame they have produced a great sculpt only to drop the ball with this "lazy" paint application.

Python, excuse my lack of knowledge on this. "A simple wash" can you please explain ? I too would like to achieve this fossilized look. Such a shame they have produced a great sculpt only to drop the ball with this "lazy" paint application.

https://ak-interactive.com/v2/?product_cat=washes

There's loads of them, they can be oils, thinned paints etc. They basically add interest and or life to a model and are applied on top of the paint.

Ok thanks. I was thinking along those lines. :) Have you pre-ordered your P2 bust yet ? I am eagerly waiting to see what cool props produce as far as the P1 goes.

Last edited:
Just saw the in-hand pics of this item.
Looks alright, pretty much same as the production photo, basically...well...two colors.
The casting quality is not bad.

I'll be receiving this on Monday.
Any recommendations on who can improve the paint to get that weather fossilized appearance as shown in above picture ?

Many thanks for the pics.

I think it looks ok, but defo would benefit from something to give it a bit more character and a more weathered look.

Hope to see some members here applying a wash of some kind.

Back