Sideshow Alien Space Jockey maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arrival now delayed to Mar - May 2016, due to delayed production. Not sure what to make of it.

Yeah, it's tough to get keep the excitement going when it takes forever for a product to get released. I'm waiting on this one until I see the paint job anyway. I'm afraid it's going to end up really dull and all the same color.

GeneralZod, that was part of hte reason I cancelled. Not going to gamble on the paintjob like I did with the Godzilla Marq. Best of luck.

GeneralZod, that was part of hte reason I cancelled. Not going to gamble on the paintjob like I did with the Godzilla Marq. Best of luck.

Hopefully Sideshow will nail it. The paint on the one at SDCC was really nice. I just can't trust that that's what we'll get. Considering this is still not on wait list, I think it'll be around for plenty of time after it starts shipping so no one should have a problem getting one if it turns out nice.

I should've waited to PO. Maybe could've gotten a 10% discount on it. There's really is no point in PO early at SS anymore

To give Sideshow some credit (although a lot of times it's undeserved), they did do a very, very good job with the paint app on their Prometheus Engineer. In the end, it all comes down to how much money they're willing to spend on a factory to get the paint app looking like it should. However much money they spent getting the Engineer right, I don't know, but they got it right. For Sideshow edition size standards, I'll also say that the Engineer had a really low ES. So I'm not sure if that had anything do to with how good the paint app came out. I doubt it. I think it has to do more with how much money they're willing to give up for good factories and painters.

DrPro, you're absolutely right. Barring unexpected sold-outs, all you end up with a Pre-order is the risk of receiving an inferior product and paying full price for something that will be cheaper with a discount later on. They need some business sense. For most businesses, a pre-order is usaully accompanied with a upfront discount. Otherwise, what is the point?

Never understood the perceived connection with low ES and good paint finish.

They are workers paid to paint statues. Once they finish one product they move to another, so they paint.
If anything you would expect to get better the more you do of the same item.
I would guess a painters 20th piece would be better than their first attenpt.

Well this gives me some breathing room at least. I'll receive my Engineer in about a month so for now I'll have my Giger fix I guess.

They pushed it back again .Just got the email on it . Anticipated Item Arrival: May - June 2016 .

Back