Statue Sideshow Alien Mythos LSB

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't say anything that hasn't been said. LOL

The dome will be caulked on and the teeth will be as chrome as Pee-wee Herman's jacket.

49273021_2063940220325880_3731062751737413632_o.jpg

49180803_2063940280325874_3543768646822133760_o.jpg

49204459_2063940330325869_7678662159512895488_o.jpg

49435359_2063940360325866_4835729581514162176_o.jpg

Those bug-eyes are a deal breaker.

I have to wonder, does Sideshow not show these designs to ANY alien collectors before they give the go-ahead for production? It seems like if they had asked even a handful of alien collectors their opinions on this bust (and most of Sideshow's other recent Alien offerings), they would immediately know that this is not what we want. Do they not want our money?

Truly baffling.

I have to wonder, does Sideshow not show these designs to ANY alien collectors before they give the go-ahead for production? It seems like if they had asked even a handful of alien collectors their opinions on this bust (and most of Sideshow's other recent Alien offerings), they would immediately know that this is not what we want. Do they not want our money?

Truly baffling.

ALL. OF. THIS.

Truly baffling.

Epic circle jerking going on at SS lol
I actually can't wait for the Mythos Autism Predator for the trainwreck it'll be

Epic circle jerking going on at SS lol
I actually can't wait for the Mythos Autism Predator for the trainwreck it'll be

Hadn't even considered that, but they're certainly tone-deaf enough to try it.

Sideshow just needs to stop with this mythology nonsense. Instead of screwing around making things wrong on purpose, they should be focusing their energy on making the xenomorph screen accurate and bring a fight to the likes of Prime 1, Mamegyoria and CoolProps.
If Sideshow really tried, I have absolutely no doubt they could be doing great things with the Alien licenses. They are such a disgrace these days when compared to the Aliens Warrior 1:1 bust, Queen Alien 1:4 bust and Aliens Warrior Maquette they brought us so long ago.
They need to just stop at this point. No one likes overpriced, inaccurate plastic. No one...

I'm not convinced they can. At least any more. I mean, on the one hand, as a fan, we're a painfully difficult crowd to please, but on the other, they haven't seemed to have been trying all that hard lately. I feel if they had wanted to "nail" the accuracy, they would have done this already. The criticisms would have been about the poses and not the accuracy.
This to me feels like "eff it, let's just make something new-ish and hope enough people like it to buy it and make it worth while."

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Mine arrived. I love it. A completely unique take on the Aliens, refreshing and a job well done, IMHO. Mixes things up with all the other 'true to form' versions.024.jpg040.jpg030.jpg044.jpg

It probably speaks volumes that this released yesterday in an old-school Sideshow manner with a tiny ES and available to ship straight away and still nobody seems interested. It's clear that this Alien mythos stuff isn't really selling very well. The only reason this has a small ES is they know they won't sell huge numbers. The mythos queen bust was given an ES of 250 (A proper queen bust in the same form would likely prove popular) That ugly "warrior" mythos statue also has a small ES and is still being pushed constantly in emails and on social media etc despite being out for a fairly long time.

Obviously Sideshow can do as they wish, and with the competition putting out such high end pieces now, the market is no doubt fierce. But it might be time for them to give the people what they actually want. A Dog Alien and a masked City hunter legendary scale bust would be a great start please Sideshow. Just put a bit of love into them and find the right sculptors with a good eye for detail. And as long as they aren't made of shocking quality PVC like the wolf lsb, they will likely sell in large numbers which should allow a better price point in an ideal world.

And as long as they aren't made of shocking quality PVC like the wolf lsb, they will likely sell in large numbers which should allow a better price point in an ideal world.

The Wolf LSB is still available, too. Still no major discount. They're just keeping the $100 off + free shipping and riding that puppy out until the end.

The Wolf LSB is still available, too. Still no major discount. They're just keeping the $100 off + free shipping and riding that puppy out until the end.

That thing must have been a disaster internally, Loads of people refunded it when it first arrives also. Shame as it's a rare sideshow Predator item that pretty much all of us raved about before they actually shipped, trust Sideshow to ruin a good thing. Of course it didn't help that they slapped a ludicrous price on it either and then delivered something that looked and felt so cheap.

That thing must have been a disaster internally, Loads of people refunded it when it first arrives also. Shame as it's a rare sideshow Predator item that pretty much all of us raved about before they actually shipped, trust Sideshow to ruin a good thing. Of course it didn't help that they slapped a ludicrous price on it either and then delivered something that looked and felt so cheap.

I tried to do what I did with the Godzilla maquette and I held out for one on eBay for cheap, then doing a repaint, but sellers there are trying to turn a profit. I can't imagine they're having any success, but they are pretty freaking stubborn. There is one on there now asking over $1k.

Back