Sideshow Alien King Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow already made the Queen a few years ago, as a diorama together with the Power Loader.

Doesn't change the seemingly overwhelming opinion that the Queen would have been more a popular choice than this. $1000 is a lot to spend on something made up by a company. For guaranteed sales they chose poorly.

They really grind my gears every time they keep saying its canon. It's NOT freaking canon Sideshow so stop saying that!!! Could you imagine if they made up some stupid Jedi or a Sith and said it was canon!? People would riot!

Don't get me started... I will blow a gasket.

Exactly, or they could make up some dumb superhero and claim he's a Marvel Character, imagine that..

Lazerfinger-Man, he's the son of Cyclops and Aunt May, and he can shoot lasers out of his fingernails. Canon because Sideshow says so.

--------------------

I got turned off when I saw $1000 too. I'd rather spend that amount on new Queen or known characters rather than... this.
Beautiful nonetheless. Too bad it's the same thing as those bronze dolphin statue...

has nobody thought of the future value of this statue as a potential resale ?
could be worth double or triple the current value in a few years time.

Could also end up selling for half retail.

Investing in fragile polystone isn't really a good idea.
Especially when no ES has been set. SS make sure everyone who wants one has plenty of time to secure one, at retail, now.

Could also end up selling for half retail.

Investing in fragile polystone isn't really a good idea.
Especially when no ES has been set. SS make sure everyone who wants one has plenty of time to secure one, at retail, now.

fair point but what and if is really similar to pillow talk, you or i do not know if it will decrease in price or increase.
I would be more inclined to say that something of this quality will be worth more in the future, maybe you or an other will say no it is an unstable investment. Personally i am tempted to put a deposit down on this even if it goes against the whole queen/hive theme of Alien Franchise.

'Something of this quality'
Are you familiar with recent Alien 'production' pieces?

No doubting the quality of professionally painted prototypes, what the customer actually receives can be far removed.
Only time will tell.

fair point but what and if is really similar to pillow talk, you or i do not know if it will decrease in price or increase.
I would be more inclined to say that something of this quality will be worth more in the future, maybe you or an other will say no it is an unstable investment. Personally i am tempted to put a deposit down on this even if it goes against the whole queen/hive theme of Alien Franchise.

We do know more because we've been around long enough to know what to look for, it's not much of a guessing game. Looking cool doesn't affect it's value as much as you'd think. ES, character's popularity, and T&A are the three main factors.

But eventually pretty much everything goes up in price anyway, it's just a matter of how long til retailers sell out so the free market gets to name their price. I own over 100 pieces and almost every single one of them went above retail value, the only few that went down were some over produced Hot Toys figures and re-releases.

Just buy what you like they all go up in price in time.

---

The original Red Sonja is a fine example of statues plummeting in value. Even the Ex.

Older pieces, that tend to be more limited, can achieve decent prices but more recent releases going up in value are quite rare.

Rising edition sizes and better quality competitors now.

'Just buy what you like they all go up in price in time'.
I totally agree with half that statement.

We do know more because we've been around long enough to know what to look for, it's not much of a guessing game. Looking cool doesn't affect it's value as much as you'd think. ES, character's popularity, and T&A are the three main factors.

But eventually pretty much everything goes up in price anyway, it's just a matter of how long til retailers sell out so the free market gets to name their price. I own over 100 pieces and almost every single one of them went above retail value, the only few that went down were some over produced Hot Toys figures and re-releases.

Just buy what you like they all go up in price in time.

---

thank you for that logical response, some people on here just want to constantly play top trumps with me or they want a battle of the minds or battle of the best wit. Truth is that i agree with what you said and exactly... buy something you like and the value will rise on most occasions ! all i was trying to say was this is a nice piece and it most probably will hold value because of the quality in craft & build, i myself will be buying this & with good reason. I feel like anyone who has a rash opinion about this piece of art might not be able to afford it or they have been manipulated into thinking it is going to be a waste of money or it is irrelevant to the alien franchise either way i think this looks beautiful and if i could make something like this then i would be a very gifted person.

'Something of this quality'
Are you familiar with recent Alien 'production' pieces?

No doubting the quality of professionally painted prototypes, what the customer actually receives can be far removed.
Only time will tell.

yes again another fair point, what we see as the prototype might be different to the actual finished piece. But if SS keep making a habit of that then people will stop trusting or purchasing SSCollectibles, so SS need this to look exactly like the prototype "! hopefully lets wait and see like you said

:mwaha
You have no idea how many will be produced nor the 'quality in craft & build' of the item people will actually receive.

With regards to you first statement, from what I've read, most of that has been incited by you.

Thankyou for your judgement of what I may or may not be able to afford and good luck with your 'investment' :wink1:

:mwaha
You have no idea how many will be produced nor the 'quality in craft & build' of the item people will actually receive.

With regards to you first statement, from what I've read, most of that has been incited by you.

Thankyou for your judgement of what I may or may not be able to afford and good luck with your 'investment' :wink1:

i have been cool with you from the start, yet every chance you get to throw a cheeky little comment in you will ! can not stand people like that. So do me a favour mate hand in all your stolen figurines to the busies !

i have been cool with you from the start, yet every chance you get to throw a cheeky little comment in you will ! can not stand people like that. So do me a favour mate hand in all your stolen figurines to the busies !

Well, I can't stand homophobes amd those who complain about being treated poorly, yet segregate groups like LGBTQ.

Good luck with that

Some people can't handle rational debate and resort to name calling and regional discrimination.

Funny thing is I've never threw an insult in his direction.

He's done nothing but cause trouble since he joined.
Hopefully it's good riddance to him.

Back