Sideshow Alien King Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they're coming up with their own Aliens I would rather see Aliens that comes from different types of animal hosts. I remember the old Kenner figures, there were stuff like Gorilla Alien and Rhino Alien etc. It might sound ridiculous at first but the Xenomorphs are not supposed to have one true form, basically after the facehugger impregnates the host their DNA is mixed and the Alien that bursts out will take some resemblance of the host. If you think about it the only reason why the Aliens tend to look humanoid is because the hosts were always humans in the movies. (except A3 which did have the dog Alien.)

There's a lot of potential of what could happen if facehuggers get to other animals, I think that's the only part I felt was not explored enough in the movies, I want to see the aliens use different types of species as hosts and to see what kind of crazy creature comes out of it.

------------------

Last edited:
If they're coming up with their own Aliens I would rather see Aliens that comes from different types of animal hosts. I remember the old Kenner figures, there were stuff like Gorilla Alien and Rhino Alien etc. It might sound ridiculous at first but the Xenomorphs are not supposed to have one true form, basically after the facehugger impregnates the host their DNA is mixed and the Alien that bursts out will take some resemblance of the host. If you think about it the only reason why the Aliens tend to look humanoid is because the hosts were always humans in the movies. (except A3 which did have the dog Alien.)

There's a lot of potential of what could happen if facehuggers get to other animals, I think that's the only part I felt was not explored enough in the movies, I want to see the aliens use different types of species as hosts and to see what kind of crazy creature comes out of it.

------------------
Good idea. This could result in some insane creature sculpts. Even still, they wouldn't sell very well at these prices without any attachment to a film. I'd only pay that for a giraffe alien lol.

I love the design and concept, I am a little impartial on that price though. However, I still like this idea of expanding on the hierarchy of the Xeno's, feels like they are trying to introduce a new character that can indeed fit into this hive like system. People always use the Bee or Ant as examples of insect hive structures, but what about the termite which does indeed have a King and Queen. If the Xeno's have qualities taken from insects then that can mean they have multiple attributes taken from all types of insects, or perhaps they truly are Alien. In that there is still very little info on the Xeno's social structure.

If the Xeno's have qualities taken from insects then that can mean they have multiple attributes taken from all types of insects, or perhaps they truly are Alien. In that there is still very little info on the Xeno's social structure.
three blind men studied an elephant...

Good idea. This could result in some insane creature sculpts. Even still, they wouldn't sell very well at these prices without any attachment to a film. I'd only pay that for a giraffe alien lol.
Alien giraffe would be epic!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Well I'm fine with being in a disagreement; however, this elephant tusk is a little to speculative given how very little we know of this elephant.

:duff i meant that there is enough said about Alien society by O'Bannon and about Aliens society by Cameron, they are already too different to make up something else and try calling it canon.

Not really even with the commentary from both of these guys, there really isn't to much to information on the Xenos hive structure. All we really have is that are parasitic, they may or may not be weapons, they have a hierarchical society similar to insects, and they kill everything. However, all the other info is all speculative because no one has really definitively stated that so and so is indeed true, well only a few have been like this king for instance. Also can I ask you a question why do you think people are so against adding in this king, I mean it is something that is not to crazy.

I'm not annoyed with the concept of a king... Just that it's unnecessarily expensive, is in scale with nothing and the idea / line will never be followed through on as usual.

I have totally missed the idea behind this... Why this is done. Is that actually mentioned in some Alien universe storyline?

It's a collaboration between sideshow and ADI and they've decided to stamp it as "canon" tho the story they've created has more holes in it than the base of the actual statue.

I have totally missed the idea behind this... Why this is done. Is that actually mentioned in some Alien universe storyline?

https://aliens.wikia.com/wiki/Rogue_Xenomorph

The Rogue Xenomorph is an alien created by Rogue, a mad scientist. The Rogue Xenomorph is also frequently called the King Xenomorph on the internet because of the tooltip in the strip that says: "AN ALIEN KING.".

In the comic Aliens: RogueEdit
Rogue, a mad scientist, engineered the Rogue Xenomorph: a male designed as a weapon to rival the Queen caste, and thus help rid Earth of its alien infestation.

The Rogue escaped and wreaked havoc until it was torn apart by a Queen.

ADVERTISEMENT
In the book Aliens: RogueEdit
The Rogue was believed to be more powerful than the Queen.

Ernst Kleist, the scientist who engineered it, is shocked to find the Queen is in fact the superior specimen: The Rogue is larger and stronger, but the Queen's superior speed and intellect enable her to easily dodge the Rogue's brutish attacks, while she slowly wears it down and finally slaughters it (Kleist is subsequently killed when he uses a sound cannon on the Queen until it goes critical, destroying the asteroid base he is on). The Rogue is seemingly much more aggressive, and mercilessly attacks smaller Xenomorph castes. Kleist finds the crushed corpses of the Queen's elite Praetorian guard.

Interestingly, the Rogue appears to have been engineered to ignore humans. When exposed to one, the Rogue examined him closely, but did not attack, and finally it ignored him completely. This may be due to the Rogue caste not having as strong a sense to use humans to breed as the Queen caste. Or maybe its simply because the human prisoner was un-armed and restrained so posed no threat. The Rogue's recklessness is also shown when it destroys the barrier that separates the Alien sector and the Human sector, allowing alien drones to pour into the human sector.

latest

Review211%2BAliensOmni3%2Bpanel1.png

latest

Last edited:
Now that I look back on Rogue I'm really glad they decided to not go with scientifically engineered route(or so it seems that way), and decided to make this Alien King a more natural transformation as opposed to a Frankenstein monster type of deal. Rather than following Rogue, this one can have its own traits that make it unique while also fitting for a complement fro the Queen.

Strikes me as a waste of resources; I really don't get Sideshow at times. Why not partner with Legacy and give us a complete line of screen-accurate Alien/Predator/Terminator somethings! Revisit the 1:2 busts; include the AvP aliens, the queens, a decent Ripley. Up the accuracy of the first attempts.

Back