Sideshow addresses Scarlett and Baroness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that always makes me laugh when people say that. the jedis all have their own unique costume. its not like stormtroopers

:lol Tell me about it. While the look is similar (for most of the Coruscant Jedi), and certainly can appear "cookie-cutter" at a quick glance, you really don't realize the details and little differences (which make them completely different), without a closer look. :huh

I'd certainly hope not...

Aren't they against reusing headsculpts anyway? I know they sorta did for CloneObi, but I think the neck makes it a bit different.

Aren't they against reusing headsculpts anyway? I know they sorta did for CloneObi, but I think the neck makes it a bit different.

Exactly. And in addition, for the price we pay for these collectibles I'd want a totally new HS rather than just re-using one that already exists. The same way that when the eventual Count Dooku is shown I don't want it to be an aged Scaramanga.

We have to wait a year for them(line may be dead by then after the movie hits)?

:lol Tell me about it. While the look is similar (for most of the Coruscant Jedi), and certainly can appear "cookie-cutter" at a quick glance, you really don't realize the details and little differences (which make them completely different), without a closer look. :huh

True, the two that I had were probably not the best to base my comment on.

You must be thinking of the Hasbro 3 3/4 inch line. The movie has nothing to do with the SS line.
It doesnt?
I thought that if the movie tanked they would punt the SS line (thinking that the franchise was ruined)

i think there could be a nostalgia backlash and SSC could benefit by being a RAH oldschool outlet,

Then again, IMO, SSC bungles stuff once in a while like the Indy line. I think had they cranked out items a bit faster the dud of KOTCS would not have hurt, but I think combined with the slow announcements and KOTCS almost all my interest in Indy died.

It doesnt?
I thought that if the movie tanked they would punt the SS line (thinking that the franchise was ruined)

No, the whole reason future 3 3/4" lines would be affected is due to companies like WalMart, Target, TRU, etc., cutting back or canceling future orders based on the sale of the movie figures, not quite understanding that they're two entirely different entities and lumping them together under G.I. Joe. This is why the 3 3/4" TOD line for Indy never saw the light of day despite having offerings considerably more enticing than what was available. The over saturation of KOTCS and Raiders leading to mass pegwarmers turned the bigger companies off of future figure orders from the same license which hurt Hasbro and led to them canceling the Indy line. Though to be fair, every single company who's had the Indy license has fumbled it miserably.

With Sideshow's RAH line selling like red, white and blue gold, I seriously doubt Hasbro would compromise that.

i think there could be a nostalgia backlash and SSC could benefit by being a RAH oldschool outlet,

Then again, IMO, SSC bungles stuff once in a while like the Indy line. I think had they cranked out items a bit faster the dud of KOTCS would not have hurt, but I think combined with the slow announcements and KOTCS almost all my interest in Indy died.

Don't forget the dull $100 Ark! :lol

Don't forget the dull $100 Ark! :lol

My interest was brain dead when it took so long to announce the figure following Belloq but officially I pulled the plug from life support when I saw Tohts glasses. I cancelled and didn't even wait to see what the production ark looked like.

My interest was brain dead when it took so long to announce the figure following Belloq but officially I pulled the plug from life support when I saw Tohts glasses. I cancelled and didn't even wait to see what the production ark looked like.

Find some wood and knock on it vigorously. It helped you dodge a bullet! :lol

Same here. Those glasses aweful and there was all the chatter about Ark and whatnot so I just said to hell with it.

I may still get the Professor but outside of that I'm done with Indy, especially since they aren't touching Temple. :rolleyes:

yeah if I see a decent Marion or Short Round or something maybe I get another figure but barring that, I'm out. I may see if I can find someone crazy enough to trade their Toht for my Belloq...lol.

Back