Sideshow addresses Scarlett and Baroness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that SSC will release a female Cobra trooper first just to test the waters and see how the body type is received by people. Then we might get Scarlett or The Baroness.

Why do you say that? Six figures have been ordered and Duke will be up during SDCC and we know Firefly is around the bend. This line will be around for a while.

Why do you think FF is around the bend?? In typical SS fashion they stated he was on the radar. Right now there are 4 figs, with Duke for 2010. The variant trooper and crimson CC are throw ins. So by end 2010 we are looking at max 3 new figs for a grand total of 7 in 2 plus years. To me that is slow, and slow sellers = LOTR

Just three weeks ago, everyone was complaining how slow it was, now tht we see Duke for SDCC (which we all knew it was coming) its changes that??

I love this line, just think at some point it will suffer the same fate as many others that have come before it.

Why do you think FF is around the bend?? In typical SS fashion they stated he was on the radar. Right now there are 4 figs, with Duke for 2010. The variant trooper and crimson CC are throw ins. So by end 2010 we are looking at max 3 new figs for a grand total of 7 in 2 plus years. To me that is slow, and slow sellers = LOTR

Just three weeks ago, everyone was complaining how slow it was, now tht we see Duke for SDCC (which we all knew it was coming) its changes that??

I love this line, just think at some point it will suffer the same fate as many others that have come before it.

I agree, Sideshow needs to produce this line like the Starwars line in pace! Move it!

I think the SW is a bit ambitious, but can move quicker. In terms of characters, I think SW is the only other line with that many choices.

I agree, Sideshow needs to produce this line like the Starwars line in pace! Move it!

Totally agree, but in SS's defense, I think Star Wars is a little bit easier to produce. Example, anytime they decide to make a new Jedi, all they basically have to do is worry about the head sculpt; they have the Jedi robes and lightsabers designed already. And don't get me started on all the different Storm Troopers. Not trying to hate on Star Wars, but a majority of the Star Wars figures are homogenous. That's why I loved the LOTR line, each figure was designed from the ground up, and that's why I love the Joe line (and yes, I know the naysayers can point to the Cobra Officer and Crimson Cobra Commander as examples of SS re-using stuff for this line...)

Yea we all ^^^^^ed about the slowness, but SS told us up front they were going to offer about 4 a year anyway. But I for sure would not compare it to the LOTR line. The release of that line wasn't it's downfall, it just didn't have the interest SS expected. GIJoe is a different animal and appeals to a broader market.

i think pace had a big thing to do with the LOTR lines downfall...but the market is different now in that figures are $100-$130 rather than $60-$80. Going too fast could have a negative impact.

Just a tincy wincy faster would be good, but not much.

I just want female Joes so I can recreate this little gem right here

gijoecheer.jpg

Totally agree, but in SS's defense, I think Star Wars is a little bit easier to produce. Example, anytime they decide to make a new Jedi, all they basically have to do is worry about the head sculpt; they have the Jedi robes and lightsabers designed already. And don't get me started on all the different Storm Troopers. Not trying to hate on Star Wars, but a majority of the Star Wars figures are homogenous. That's why I loved the LOTR line, each figure was designed from the ground up, and that's why I love the Joe line (and yes, I know the naysayers can point to the Cobra Officer and Crimson Cobra Commander as examples of SS re-using stuff for this line...)

Just out of curiosity, do you own any of the Jedi?

pics? hahahah:rotfl

A glutton for punishment I see :lol:

:lol :rotfl :lol :rotfl :lol I soooooooo forgot about that (mental block? :huh) Go to 4:00 minutes in and enjoy.....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/t4exxtFxKBs&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/t4exxtFxKBs&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​

Is the GI JOE line going to be around in 2011?
Fingers crossed.
It also said they won't appear in 1:6 scale maybe in another format?
:chew

Is the GI JOE line going to be around in 2011?
Fingers crossed.
It also said they won't appear in 1:6 scale maybe in another format?
:chew

I think the Joe line will be going strong in 2011. Haven't seen any 2nd Chance stuff yet, which is a good sign and I think they will appear in 1:6, but not until they find a better base body to compliment the Pro.

Back