Sideshow acquires DC License!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah come on with some news already...I want to see some teases or pre-orders! Looking forward to their Superman and Batman offerings in 1/6 scale!

They got the movie license also right?

They got the DC license for the upcoming films, man

This heroic alliance paves the way for Sideshow Collectibles to offer products featuring DC Comics' most revered super heroes and villains including Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, as well as items inspired by the upcoming theatrical releases The Dark Knight Rises and Man of Steel. In addition to premium statues and busts, Sideshow Collectibles will produce limited edition art prints and high-end 1/6 scale articulated figures. These all-new collectible lines will complement the robust offerings available from DC Direct.

Yup. Personally... As much as I love Sideshow... I hope this still means we can see another tumbler and a DX02 2.0... And Hot Toys Bane/Catwoman.

Someone mentioned that the SSC reps said at SDCC that Sideshow doesn't have a Dio license. That they have a PF license and a bust license but no word on whether it's for 1:1 Busts or 1:2 scale busts. I believe that information is in this thread somewhere although I'm too lazy to look for it

That was I.

Tony SSC said they got the licensing to do 1/4 and larger, and 1/6 scale figures. I specifically asked for Dios, and he said they didnt get the license for that.

Assume that DCD will keep doing those. Although I think the JLA set is the only one that turned out ok

They got the DC license for the upcoming films, man

This heroic alliance paves the way for Sideshow Collectibles to offer products featuring DC Comics' most revered super heroes and villains including Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, as well as items inspired by the upcoming theatrical releases The Dark Knight Rises and Man of Steel. In addition to premium statues and busts, Sideshow Collectibles will produce limited edition art prints and high-end 1/6 scale articulated figures. These all-new collectible lines will complement the robust offerings available from DC Direct.

Oh ok...Yeah, I remember reading that now...Thanks for posting that dude...

That was I.

Tony SSC said they got the licensing to do 1/4 and larger, and 1/6 scale figures. I specifically asked for Dios, and he said they didnt get the license for that.

Assume that DCD will keep doing those. Although I think the JLA set is the only one that turned out ok

How about the busts? I want to see DC 1:2 Legendary Scale busts from Sideshow! Especially with the new concept for the LSBs with arms, I think the possibility is endless for Sideshow! :clap

Since sideshow has the dc license why is the pending licensor approval on the joker pf preview ??

Someone mentioned that the SSC reps said at SDCC that Sideshow doesn't have a Dio license. That they have a PF license and a bust license but no word on whether it's for 1:1 Busts or 1:2 scale busts. I believe that information is in this thread somewhere although I'm too lazy to look for it

Thanks Mike, I'll have to check this out..:)

Back