Sideshow 212th Airborne Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh did not know that, I had made a post days ago and within a hour it was close to filled and then some. I did get one of the gray ones. Gree's green, 442th is green, it works for me.

In the end its what makes you happy on the shelf. I got an extra set of Waxer&Boil and when I get my hands on a second Airborne kama after the figure is launched, one of them will become a bashed 212th Lt. which is one of my favorite 3.75" figures in my 212th army, but alot of people would sneer at it as being a "EU" monstrosity since there were no Lts shown like that on screen. And similar to the subject at hand, in my mind the 41st Clone Commander in 3.75s with the cool black kama is Gree with my grey 41st ph2 troops and I display Camo Gree with my Arfs.

I never liked that Lucas stuck the Scout Trooper design into the PT...

That design does not fit in with the style and clear evolution of all other PT clones and just seems forced for more toy sales. Even in the OT, the Biker Scout design always seemed like a newer, more advanced Trooper variation, more agile, less bulky; like that would be the direction the Stormtrooper design evolution if the Empire lasted another 10 years.

The Biker Scouts are an evolution of this Arf armor, seems to make sense given the timeline. Phase 2 armor went to stormies and the Arf armor went to what Biker Scout armor went to. :dunno

The Biker Scouts are an evolution of this Arf armor, seems to make sense given the timeline. Phase 2 armor went to stormies and the Arf armor went to what Biker Scout armor went to. :dunno

What's arf armor?

Spok_in_metal-420x306.jpg

But saying its an evolution of something that was deliberately set in place to justify itself is kind of circular.

Alot of ROTS and CW was of bridging design to the OT.

Y-Wing Bomber = Y-Wing
V-Wing = Tie Fighter
Jedi Interceptor = X-Wing
Clone troopers = Stormtroopers
ARF Troopers = Scout Trooper
Theta-class Shuttle = Imperial Shuttle

Yeah, I like the bridging... but then why put a Biker Scout in the PT in camo, and then with no change to the armor he shows up in ROTJ?

:dunno

It's like Lucas just wanted to get everything in that he possibly could in Episode 3. Last chance sort of this, or greatest hits.

I never liked that Lucas stuck the Scout Trooper design into the PT...

41stelite.jpg

That design does not fit in with the style and clear evolution of all other PT clones and just seems forced for more toy sales. Even in the OT, the Biker Scout design always seemed like a newer, more advanced Trooper variation, more agile, less bulky; like that would be the direction the Stormtrooper design evolution if the Empire lasted another 10 years.

I agree.
and why would the Biker Scouts still have the same uniforms from 30 years before, while the stormtroopers have gone through various phases?

Yes, finally someone understands my point.

I like the bikers like everyone else, just seems so lazy to stick them in without backtracking their design in any way to an "origin" biker. If this was a "bike" design, then they should have been on the rides that Neyo's group is on. They can't even get the use right.

I agree.
and why would the Biker Scouts still have the same uniforms from 30 years before, while the stormtroopers have gone through various phases?

:dunno same reason Chewbacca was in the film...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur4XJCm3deQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur4XJCm3deQ[/ame]

Chewbacca is 200 years old.

If Biker Scout armor is the perfect design, with no need for improvement in 30 years, then why isn't the entire Galactic Army made up of them?

The Kashyyyk & Biker are different in many ways, I can see an evolution in the designs, didnt know it was supposed to come from the Arf armour we need that too know

I don't see a huge difference but I'm no expert. Sure looks the same.

41st.jpg
SS_ScoutTrooperPF.jpg

Boots have buckles on one not the other, there's a slight angling off at the bottom of the 'snout', the gloves look different... I'm sure there's little variances that come with making a CGI character vs. actual costume but overall it just looks too similar, not enough evolution.

Basically I just see a reduction in bulk, Helmet smaller (less crude), less armor, & biker has less pouches
Why does the US have Marines, Rangers, army, Para's etc? I see it like that

Back