Sideshow 1st Marvel 1:6 - Deadpool

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ yep, I was just about to painted the gauntlets all black. Good call.

I didn't actually paint them, they're still unmodified. It's just the lighting and contrast making them seem darker.

Dam that just keeps getting better and better!!

Less is more, agonistes strikes again. Take note Sideshow, they love adding bits to their figures.

Thanks. :wave

How easy was it to get the beige straps off?
Great job btw!!!

Pretty easy actually. I used an x-acto knife and carefully cut the straps from both the inside and outside of the suit. Didn't take me more than 10 min to remove all of them. Just be careful not to cut any red threads.

Looks great, nice pose and nice shot. I thought the arms looked a bit skinny without the "over sleeves", but it looks good on yours. Perhaps I should try it out again and see how I like it after a while.
If you decide to cut the straps, just take your time, and make sure not to cut any red stitching of the suit itself. Didn't take me more than 10 min I think.

Thanks, and thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try as soon as I have some time.

As for removing the over-sleeves, it does make the suit look a bit loose at the arms but no more than at the knees, so I'm not too bothered. It's consistent, somehow.

And by the way, great new set of pics! :)

ew-deadpool-poster.jpg

I can't wait for that movie!

Another pic of my Deadpool. Still stuck with my beige straps but I got rid of the diagonal one. ^^

The suit is quite restrictive, the legs can't be raised more than that. It's a shame. Still a fun and great looking figure, though.

..just modded mine,removed the beige straps,diagonal strap was used as a neck choker (with locks), painted black with acrylic paint,including the arm guards and boots..

Attachments

• 20151215_000819.jpg
    20151215_000819.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 250
After having to cancel, I was pretty fine with it. There was enough I ended up not liking about it to be ok with not getting it. Seeing the mods being done by so many, and the mods being consistently done, meaning they're not too difficult, just have to pay attention and be careful, it makes me want to get one, maybe. Then I saw the figure in-person at the local shop, and even without the mods, it definitely looks amazing and worth getting if I have the money and chance to come January. Timing depends on CW Cap. I can't get anything until I make sure I get an AOU or CW Cap. I passed up AOU Cap to get Deadpool, then stuff happened and I had to cancel Deadpool. I had 2 more chances to get AOU Cap on wait list that I had to pass on due to timing, so I ended up with absolutely nothing! Good thing my wife got me AOU Hawkeye and Black Widow for my birthday pre-ordered and money set aside or I'd be really twisted with myself over all this swings-and-misses! Now I need to make sure I get Cap, but this Deadpool is definitely on my radar. If Hot Toys does a movie version, I'll run from this one for that one for sure. Let's hope, right?!

Incidentally, Thank you guys for all of the pictures, information and details of the modifications. You don't realize it, but you really do help out when it comes to decision making with these expensive collectables. I'm in the position to be able to get one or two 6th scale figures a year due to life being what life is, and I'm lucky in that my wife loves me enough to get me 6th scale figures whenever she can, so having all of your posts really helps people like me make the best choices to spend our money on.

J

yep, I think both has their own charm. The comic style and the movie style. It's like having Batman from movie and from game. And if they ever make the animated version (I heard Mondo will), it will be perfect.

Movie version aside, I still actually really like the modded work on the SSC one, enough that depending on price I would be willing to go with it instead. Perhaps part out a HT head too.

Back