Sideshow 1st Marvel 1:6 - Deadpool

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, guys. :)

It leaves two small holes on each shoulder. On his left shoulder, there is also a bit of glue residue, though it's hardly noticeable, and could be mistaken for weathering.
I opened up the suit to get under it, but seeing how they are attached, you could even pull them off without having to open the suit (which requires to undo the stitching in the collar).

IMG_6583_small.jpg

IMG_6585_small.jpg

IMG_6591_small.jpg

How much force do you need to pull the shoulder guards off? Is there a way to open up the suit, without damaging it, to retrieve the back pieces of the shoulder guards?

Worked some more on him:
- made him a black collar (slips over the red turtleneck, so I can remove it if I don't like it)
- put some black nailheads over the holes
- cut the sleeves of the red undershirt, essentially making it a t-shirt

Still to do:
- close the collar of the suit back up (perhaps with magnets)

looks very nice!!! :clap

I found inspiration in Agonistes' great mods and started working on my Deadpool. I removed some stuff, including the "over-sleeves".

Still have to find the guts to cut the beige straps and the diagonal one on his torso. ^^

I found inspiration in Agonistes' great mods and started working on my Deadpool. I removed some stuff, including the "over-sleeves".

Still have to find the guts to cut the beige straps and the diagonal one on his torso. ^^

Much better. :) Great pose, by the way.

Brilliant look for this guy--you're making me want one now!

Same here, he looks great with those mods, nice job agon!

Yea me to. My dumbass had one but cancelled it. Regretting that decision.

looks very nice!!! :clap

Thanks a lot, guys. :) It's a really fun figure, and looks great with some minor mods. Even without the mods, he's pretty cool.

How much force do you need to pull the shoulder guards off? Is there a way to open up the suit, without damaging it, to retrieve the back pieces of the shoulder guards?

The shoulder pieces came off pretty easily, didn't need much force. The back pieces that are inside are glued to the suit from the inside. With some careful, controlled force, I pulled them off easily without damaging the suit. To access them, you do need to undo the stitching on the collar, it's one single thread holding the two ends together. Without that, you can't open it up unfortunately. Pretty stupid design choice IMO. I'm looking into installing a magnet or something, so I can open and close at will.

The ghost of Christmas kick yo A$$.......

Very cool. I've been looking for a christmas hat for him as well, but haven't found one yet that fits.

Looks great, nice pose and nice shot. I thought the arms looked a bit skinny without the "over sleeves", but it looks good on yours. Perhaps I should try it out again and see how I like it after a while.
If you decide to cut the straps, just take your time, and make sure not to cut any red stitching of the suit itself. Didn't take me more than 10 min I think.

I am wondering how to do that as well & did u guys shorten the belt?
Great mod people.

I didn't shorten the belt, though I do think it's a bit on the loose side, and always slides down a bit too far when I pose him. Always have to pull the belt back up when I'm done, which is a bit difficult if have some pouches on there.

New pose, new shots. :monkey3
My attempts at installing magnets in the collar didn't work so far, either the magnets were too thick, or they were too weak. At the moment, I actually just futzed it and it looks good I think, so I'll keep him like this for now.

IMG_6656_2_small.jpg

IMG_6667_2_small.jpg

IMG_6654_2_small.jpg

IMG_6665_2_small.jpg

Less is more, agonistes strikes again. Take note Sideshow, they love adding bits to their figures.

I'm painting the bracers (?) all black, and the shin guards red. Still waiting on Tony's suit to get started on it all. :)

I got the feet sorted out with my dealer, I sent him my wrong ones (two lefts) and he replaced them with correct ones he had, and will take care of the return with Sideshow himself.

So with the new feet, I immediately started customizing him. So far, I removed the shoulder armor, beige straps across the chest, and the diagonal strap.
I still need to fill the holes in the shoulder, make him a black collar/neck guard, and I'm thinking of changing the red undershirt (perhaps remove the long sleeves) to increase poseability in the elbows. Here's what he currently looks like. Pretty happy with him at the moment. :)

IMG_6550_2_small.jpg
How easy was it to get the beige straps off?
Great job btw!!!

Back