Sideshow 1st Marvel 1:6 - Deadpool

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really excited for this one, probably the only thing that Sideshow is putting out that I'm interested in. Also here's hoping that the Deadpool film turns out great and HT makes a figure. :pray:

I think there's a good chance, especially if the film is as good as we hope it will be. They made a Wolverine figure on the back of DoFP. DP is probably as popular as, if not more than, Wolverine.

I think there's a good chance, especially if the film is as good as we hope it will be. They made a Wolverine figure on the back of DoFP. DP is probably as popular as, if not more than, Wolverine.

You really think that?

If so I disagree. Wolverine is a much more popular character in comics, movies, toys.

Wolverine has been my favorite character since I got my hands on xmen 1 with the big foldout cover. I enjoy reading Deadpool more though. I am super excited about this figure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You really think that?

If so I disagree. Wolverine is a much more popular character in comics, movies, toys.

I think Deadpool is certainly more popular among collectors. His current comic run has been a huge success too. I think you'd be surprised at how strong his brand is.

I think Deadpool is certainly more popular among collectors. His current comic run has been a huge success too. I think you'd be surprised at how strong his brand is.

I think there's truth to that. I mean, pretty much every kid around the world know and love Wolverine, but I think the Deadpool brand is strong among the guys who are so inclined to spend a few hundred bucks in a toy (a.k.a. us), and those are two separate markets IMHO.

I am aware of the current up tuck in deadpool pop. That said, wolverine is still a large sale. I think deadpool is a cool character. It's funny, I'm working on a custom deadpool statue for my nephew right now. But wolverine is still a more popular character. Nearly everyone knows who wolverine is. Most do not know deadpool. Are there certain groups that deadpool will be more popular..probably. But, that doesn't make him more popular then wolverine.

To be clear, I'm not dissing deadpool. Or the member and his statement. Just disagreeing with his statment that deadpool is a more popular character.

image.jpg

I am aware of the current up tuck in deadpool pop. That said, wolverine is still a large sale. I think deadpool is a cool character. It's funny, I'm working on a custom deadpool statue for my nephew right now. But wolverine is still a more popular character. Nearly everyone knows who wolverine is. Most do not know deadpool. Are there certain groups that deadpool will be more popular..probably. But, that doesn't make him more popular then wolverine.

To be clear, I'm not dissing deadpool. Or the member and his statement. Just disagreeing with his statment that deadpool is a more popular character.

Wolverine is a big name but not as big as Fox like to believe. The way they have continually tried to put him on a pedestal as the 'main guy' in X-Men is extremely grating and I believe they have damaged a great character by trying to force him into being the figurehead. That said, he continues to make them money, even with below average films (discounting DoFP).

Deadpool is a different beast. We haven't been flooded with movies featuring him and have been pretty much starved of the character. There is a massive 'underground' following for him and if the movie is done right it will bring that underground support to the surface. There is a hunger for DP merchandise and I think Disney/HT/Fox know this. If we got a Wolverine HT figure, I am pretty certain we will get a DP. Opinions though :)

I didn't read your post as dissing DP or even hating on me - like I said, opinions :hi5:

And awesome statue btw!

That was AWESOME!!!! Almost makes me wanna cancel my Sideshow Deadpool for the inevitable Hot Toys version.

No figs yet. DP will be the first.

I'll get both SS's version and HT version and anything else DP movie related.

Back