Statue Sideshow 1987 Predator 1/5 Scale Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes i like dutch, the face paint & everything is superb. The only thing that bothers me is the bent/twisted gun barrel wish they made it polystone with a metal wire in the middle like the old days instead of this flaccid plastic, anything to save a few cents... But overall it's one of the top pieces for 2012.

Yes I agree, he's all good except the gun barrel is a tiny bit off but no biggie. He looks exactly like Arnold in person. The pics looks good too.

Dutch is NOT a masterpiece. It could have been a masterpiece if it was flawless, but if you call craters all over the shoulders and arm and bent gun barrels and broken cigars and googlie eyes (should I keep going? :lol) a masterpiece then you are :cuckoo:. But I'm glad you like it! :1-1: :monkey3

Btw I do agree it has the best likeness to Arnold I've seen. :)

People always tend to remember the bad things they hear and not the good things. The broken sigar isn't sculpted broken you know and the googlie eyes are maybe just a few. Ok the gun barrel could have been sculpted in polystone but i fixed mine in 1 minute with a hairdreyer.

Even the grails among the sideshow pieces came with flaws to a few people. So if you call me :cuckoo: for being a big arnold fan liking this fine piece then so be it. But why do you buy a PF Rogue if you don't like googlie eyes?

People always tend to remember the bad things they hear and not the good things. The broken sigar isn't sculpted broken you know and the googlie eyes are maybe just a few. Ok the gun barrel could have been sculpted in polystone but i fixed mine in 1 minute with a hairdreyer.

Even the grails among the sideshow pieces came with flaws to a few people. So if you call me :cuckoo: for being a big arnold fan liking this fine piece then so be it. But why do you buy a PF Rogue if you don't like googlie eyes?

We'll see how my Rogue arrives tomorrow. From the pics the seller had posted on eBay I should be good, but we'll see. As for Dutch you made some points. Yes the cigar is just a matter of shipping. However if you get screwed up eyes and craters all over the shoulders sorry I don't consider that a masterpiece. Masterpieces are not flawed. They're flawl-ess. I'm not calling anyone who is a fan of Dutch or Arnie :cuckoo: , but if you think this Dutch is a masterpiece then yes you are :cuckoo:. That's not to say I think you're crazy for liking it but thinking it's a masterpiece (that's the key word here) then yep.

Dutch is a masterpiece to. And even if you don't agree on that it's still the best sculpt of arnold period.

The sculpt itself is great on Dutch but the paintjob is not that good. The eyes, the skin. For that price it is just well...I am more and more disappointed with Sideshow. And because of that Dutch is not a masterpiece (The proportion is way off.). I don't know ( And I am not talking about you here.) why some people defend something wich is clearly flawed, especially considering it's price. I know you guys want to feel better or good about a 300 or 400 dollar statue, because it supposed to be high end...but just don't kid yourself and accept when something is far from high end. I would feel cheated too. When Kotobukiya can come out with better dioramas, statues for 100 bucks than Sideshow for 300-400 dollar range, than there is a huge problem with the company. Yeah it is sucks that some of you paid for it and than you have to try to convince yourselves to feel better about it. This 1/5 predator is a complet joke. I still can't belive how SS can come out with such an ugly paintjob. Seriously.

Last edited:
Yeah i don't like the paintjob on the predator either so i don't tend to buy it but the so called 'craters' on dutch arms and shoulders is just a matter of opinion. I think the effect looks great from a normal distance. I don't look at my statues from a distance of 0-10cm all the time. I bet if you give me any 1/4 scale human sculpt i could find a flaw of somesort when i look at it from 0-10cm. Human skin is hard to get right for everbody. It's to dark! it's to pink! it's to smooth! it has craters! I don't see any vains! I don't see ny hairs! Like you said i'm not defending it because of the price....i just like it.

The paint application on my Dutch is pretty damn good. Can't see where they could of improved on it?
I'm not convincing myself either, anyone who has followed the Dutch thread knows I will voice my opinion as I did, got a replacement and I'm more than happy with it now.
My favourite PF? Probably. :wink1:

Yeah i don't like the paintjob on the predator either so i don't tend to buy it but the so called 'craters' on dutch arms and shoulders is just a matter of opinion. I think the effect looks great from a normal distance. I don't look at my statues from a distance of 0-10cm all the time. I bet if you give me any 1/4 scale human sculpt i could find a flaw of somesort when i look at it from 0-10cm. Human skin is hard to get right for everbody. It's to dark! it's to pink! it's to smooth! it has craters! I don't see any vains! I don't see ny hairs! Like you said i'm not defending it because of the price....i just like it.

I don't think you have to be 0-10cm away from this PF to notice the obvious exaggeration in the skin pours based on the pics people have posted. But I am glad you like it. :wave

I don't think you have to be 0-10cm away from this PF to notice the obvious exaggeration in the skin pours based on the pics people have posted. But I am glad you like it. :wave

the skin pores are done on purpose to add additional detail and looks good to show dutch's rough skin, mine has no google eyes nor broken cigars.

Paint is perfect, mixed media is perfect (minus gun barrel that i fixed). This is a master piece.

I am surprised for someone so picky you decided to keep the 87 pred, now that is truly a piece of crap.

the skin pores are done on purpose to add additional detail and looks good to show dutch's rough skin, mine has no google eyes nor broken cigars.

Paint is perfect, mixed media is perfect (minus gun barrel that i fixed). This is a master piece.

I am surprised for someone so picky you decided to keep the 87 pred, now that is truly a piece of crap.

I know the 87 Pred fell short of expectations. You don't hear me going around calling it a masterpiece though. :lol I don't have a problem with the idea of the skin pours, but it's obviously done to an extreme and looks over exaggerated. The Dutch PF isn't as good as it could have been, but it isn't a bust either. All I'm saying is it's not a masterpiece and you are :cuckoo: for thinking that it is.

I did find that pretty funny. There's pores? never noticed them lol.

Eyes and cigar are fine on mine but I prefer the regular head for that pose. Proudly Displayed!

I did find that pretty funny. There's pores? never noticed them lol.

Eyes and cigar are fine on mine but I prefer the regular head for that pose. Proudly Displayed!

yeah me too, i thought the cigar head would look very cool but upon displaying it for a few days it just doesnt fit the theme very well, maybe if he was sitting back with a beer....so i switched to reg head and looks much better.

Exclusive #121

Everything bad about this statue that you have read is true.

UPS man arrived today and boy am I excited.
What's that? I can hear a rattle. Not a good sign.

The foam looked like it was resealed. Like it was opened up once already. Another bad sign.

Once opened up, it all looks proper. Initial visual inspection and I can't find where the rattle came from.

Then I proceeded to remove the base from the box to start the assembly and... I found the rattle. It is inside of the base.

I did a full assembly of all the parts and then gave it a look over.

Wow is there a lot of problems. Really poor paint job overall. The top of the exclusive head has paint rubbed off. A paint chip on the back of the leg. The gun does not seat properly. A chip and a I do not know what on the base. Then... I found another chip on the base (tree) (No loose parts inside the box to be found).

The heads do not seat correctly because the dreads are not glued in correctly. Note: I did heat up the dreads with a hair dryer and it made the dreads movable so the head would sit better.

The right arm does not have a magnet and starts to slide out of position when you move the statue just a bit.

Either hand does not go into the left arm without a bit of force. Once either hand is fully inserted, it is almost impossible to get out.

Overall, what could have been a home run ended up a complete fail.

I am NOT keeping it.

I am willing to try again...
I'll be asking for a replacement. Not sure yet if SS will want this shipped back to them or if they want me to destroy it.

Last edited:
Same here got my replacement Ex Head, Skull and Rt. Arm. But the new head and arm do not fit well. Will try to get another replacement hope the 3rd one is OK if not will ask for refund. I hate not to add this to my collections BUT wot pay $300 with lot's of flaws on it :nono

Last edited:
i was going to pick this up till i realized you had to pick a head. that is ****ing stupid for these prices you should get both. Im out.

I am willing to try again...
I'll be asking for a replacement. Not sure yet if SS will want this shipped back to them or if they want me to destroy it.

:cuckoo: what is wrong with you, take your money and run dude. The factory that made this is complete ****, not sure what you expect from the replacements...

i was going to pick this up till i realized you had to pick a head. that is ****ing stupid for these prices you should get both. Im out.

Pick a head?!
If you buy the Ex you get both heads...

Chances are you will also get a lot of issues. I would leave well alone if I was you, oh I did! :lol

Back