Statue Sideshow 1987 Predator 1/5 Scale Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might be interested at the right price, What's the paint work like on your one ?

I really don't have anything to compare with, but personally i think it's ok. Infact I'm only selling because I'm out of space and need money for other stuff. I'm not even sure what's it worth. I have a feeling that maybe it's a bad deal concidering retailprice, shipping and customs - maybe my loss will end up to high - i'm fully aware the value has not risen, but has it declined?

Click my signature link and go to page 6 - pics of the one i have in my collection. I've since received a new helmet head and all is good now. Still a tight fit, but both heads are fine.

Last edited:
I'm selling my EX of this one - does anyone know the prices these days?

You'd be lucky to get anywhere near £200.
SS will never sell out of this line.
1:5 scale, silly poses, sloppy paint apps, poor fitting parts :slap
If they made them 1:4, charged a bit more and put effort into them they would be long sold out and highly sought after.
What a waste!

The ex for this piece have been selling for over retail on eBay I think.

Not really. I just saw a EX not sell with a BIN at $335 shipped, factor in shipping and fees and he is lucky to get $275.

As a side note I still like the other 3 in this line and have the EX scar and regular elder. Looking for a wolf. Only way I would get this one is if I could get a decent repaint, anyone know what that would cost?

Not really. I just saw a EX not sell with a BIN at $335 shipped, factor in shipping and fees and he is lucky to get $275.

As a side note I still like the other 3 in this line and have the EX scar and regular elder. Looking for a wolf. Only way I would get this one is if I could get a decent repaint, anyone know what that would cost?

i guess im better off just keeping it. :p

I knew for Predators they did Maquettes but hope they make statues.

What's the difference between a Maquette and a Statue?

I asked this before in the questions forum but someone said a maquette is movie based but sideshow does dinosaur maquettes so that doesn't make sense to me...

What's the difference between a Maquette and a Statue?

I asked this before in the questions forum but someone said a maquette is movie based but sideshow does dinosaur maquettes so that doesn't make sense to me...

Sideshow made Predator Maquettes from the newer film of Tracker, Falconer, Berserker. They're Maquettes not statues. I know confusing. Make different sorts of Maquettes.

Heh I know what they are called because I own them.

I guess part of my question is why did sideshow decide to call them maquettes instead of statues? what's the difference between a maquette and a statue?

I guess part of my question is why did sideshow decide to call them maquettes instead of statues? what's the difference between a maquette and a statue?

Don't know either way a statue is a statue even if called something else.

I've decided to wait and get this around the holidays. Want some other pieces first and don't feel like spending retail for this yet. I want to but I know it's not worth the prices. Will get Dutch PF though. Hopefully SS will come out with another PT1 Predator eventually. But may have to look around for the Maquette. We'll see if SS makes a PT2 City Hunter soon. If they do i'll buy if not i'll hold out.

Maquettes are usually movie based i think, they are usually what were sculpted by the effects team on the movie while the movie was being made to give the director ideas.....

Anything designed by SS themselves are usually just called statues.

So the Predators Maquettes were by KNB for the movie and then Sideshow put them out.

And the recent Pred statues ( P1, Wolf, Scar etc ) are all designed by SS themselves.

I think thats how it works....lol

Maquettes are usually movie based i think, they are usually what were sculpted by the effects team on the movie while the movie was being made to give the director ideas.....

Anything designed by SS themselves are usually just called statues.

So the Predators Maquettes were by KNB for the movie and then Sideshow put them out.

And the recent Pred statues ( P1, Wolf, Scar etc ) are all designed by SS themselves.

I think thats how it works....lol

Ok I forgot the Predators Maquettes were sculpted by KNB so that explains why they would be called Maquettes to me.

But Sideshow does dinosaur maquettes which are sideshow original pieces so that doesn't make sense to me... this is usually where the answers I get start to break down.

I agree though a replica of the movie maquette (like the PRedAlien) or a sculpt by the same effects team should probably be called a maquette and something sideshow sculpts should probably be a statue

What scale are those predators maquettes...1/6 maybe. Seems like they wouldn't fit in with the new 1/5 predator statues.. Same with the PF dutch. Doesn't fit in. He would be as big or bigger than the predators.

What scale are those predators maquettes...1/6 maybe. Seems like they wouldn't fit in with the new 1/5 predator statues.. Same with the PF dutch. Doesn't fit in. He would be as big or bigger than the predators.

The Predators Maquettes are 1/5 they are in exact scale with the 1/5 statue line (P1, Elder, Scar & Wolf ).

Dutch is 1/4.

The Predators Maquettes are 1/5 they are in exact scale with the 1/5 statue line (P1, Elder, Scar & Wolf ).

Dutch is 1/4.

Oh OK I guess with the poses of the predators maquettes they just seem smaller. I would consider getting them but I read some bad reviews on them. Anyone own them and could give some input on how they look in person. It would be cool if someone had pics of the maquettes next to the new statues.

Oh OK I guess with the poses of the predators maquettes they just seem smaller. I would consider getting them but I read some bad reviews on them. Anyone own them and could give some input on how they look in person. It would be cool if someone had pics of the maquettes next to the new statues.

I can throw up a couple of pics but i don't own any of them anymore.

The sculpts are actually really good on all 3 its the paint that lets them down.

The Tracker is probably the best sculpt and pose but has the worst paints, the Berserker has an ok pose and okish paints.

Imo the Falconer was the best out of them all, paints were actually rather good ( apart from the blade which looked cheap ) and the pose was a winner for me.

Of course people have different opinions of what they think is adequate paints.

If you can pick them up cheap enough and they are pretty damn cheap now ( sideshow has falconer and berserker still in stock so they should be super cheap on ebay and none of the exclusives are decent ) pick em up.

I'm hoping SS will maybe have another go at them in 1/4 myself but i highly doubt that.

p116.jpg

predators.jpg

falconer2.jpg

falconer4.jpg

falconer6.jpg

berserker2.jpg

berserker3.jpg

berserker5.jpg

berserker7.jpg

Last edited:
Back