Premium Format Sideshow 1960s Batman TV Series (Adam West) Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a must have for any bat fan. West and the show made it main stream. Set the foundation imo for future movies.

That is true, but many don't collect for Bat history, they just collect what they like. I love this version for different reasons than the Bats of my generation.

One day all of the schmucks who think Affleck is a great Batman will look back with regret on not getting this.

just for clarification, my comment was about the mcquarrie vader : )

I love Adam West...grew up watching the show in the late 70s/early 80s and my kids watch it today.

just for clarification, my comment was about the mcquarrie vader : )

I love Adam West...grew up watching the show in the late 70s/early 80s and my kids watch it today.

It is not about liking it or not...it is about priorities...there are other pieces that relate to the movies in a more direct or visual way that makes it impossible to attempt to acquire one of these where there is a Darth Vader/Boba Fett Ep6 or a Kylo Ren/Stormtrooper Ep7 in the making...know what I mean? Otherwise it would be easier to set eyes on such pieces.

It is not about liking it or not...it is about priorities...there are other pieces that relate to the movies in a more direct or visual way that makes it impossible to attempt to acquire one of these where there is a Darth Vader/Boba Fett Ep6 or a Kylo Ren/Stormtrooper Ep7 in the making...know what I mean? Otherwise it would be easier to set eyes on such pieces.

Nope.

Crowded statue market means that one has to make a choice sometimes and pass on others...whichever one fanciest the most get to go home with you...sometimes wallet is not too big to manage all the variety and options at the same time.

So much coming out. I had to get Newmar and West, and I also need my first Star Wars pf. I am eying Vader. I have almost 700.00 in rewards dollars. Holding some hope still for 66 batmobile and use that towards it. Call my crazy I know. It is my grail. I can stop collecting 1:6 batman after that.

One day all of the schmucks who think Affleck is a great Batman will look back with regret on not getting this.

Is that really needed? For ****s sake.
I'll take Affleck any day over West and I have read about 90% of all published Batman comics since the 70s, so I am surely not a schmuck. Why not let people enjoy the interpretation they enjoy without acting high and mighty about ones own taste?
I hate modern geek culture so much. So much anger and superiority complexes about made up characters. Suddenly I think I know why most of us got their teeth kicked in during high school.

This is a great statue btw. and I get why you guys are excited, but why attack people who might have different preferences? I don't get it. We geeks used to be in the same boat? When did that change? I am not even a Batfleck uber fan. I liked him, but still like Bale's Batman the best.

Is that really needed? For ****s sake.
I'll take Affleck any day over West and I have read about 90% of all published Batman comics since the 70s, so I am surely not a schmuck. Why not let people enjoy the interpretation they enjoy without acting high and mighty about ones own taste?
I hate modern geek culture so much. So much anger and superiority complexes about made up characters. Suddenly I think I know why most of us got their teeth kicked in during high school.

This is a great statue btw. and I get why you guys are excited, but why attack people who might have different preferences? I don't get it. We geeks used to be in the same boat? When did that change? I am not even a Batfleck uber fan. I liked him, but still like Bale's Batman the best.

:goodpost:

:hi5:

It is a must have for any bat fan. West and the show made it main stream. Set the foundation imo for future movies.

I miss spoke, a must have for me. Apologize for that. West was my first exposure to batman when I was 2 back in 1973. Yes I remember. One of my few happy memories in a bad childhood. Emotional attachment much higher to me than others. Star Wars my other love.

Affleck is terrific as Batman for this age- West was for his time. Both are justifiable classic Batmans.

Affleck is terrific as Batman for this age- West was for his time. Both are justifiable classic Batmans.

Agreed! In my opinion they are the best actors to portray the character in live action. West captured the virtuous and nobility of the **** Sprang era of Batman, while Affleck captured the gritty, world weary, on the edge psychology seen in Miller's work and the comics of the late 80s' post Death In The Family/A Lonely Place of Dying. Keaton and Bale are both good, but their takes are more or less a representation of a filmmakers original vision and not something that originated from the pages of comic books. I especially take issue with Bale's Batman in that he only fought crime for less than a year before retiring. I don't care if it's a realistic take, that is just so completely out of character and not at all the spirit of Batman.

Just wish Afleck Batman premium format was better.

I love the statue ...he just needed some paint touch-up on his face. :wink1:

20170410_132859 copy.jpg

...sorry for out of topic. :)

Just PO this from Sideshow. Hard to resist these big guys when they're only twice the cost of a 1:6 scale figure these days. This will be only my Second PF Statue and am starting to find them more appealing than the the little 1:6 scale figures. I think it's time to stop eating out so much.....

Back