Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom, you've GOT to see what my Tracking Information says now!! LOL

VISALIA,
CA, US 03/02/2009 8:51 A.M. INCORRECT ROUTING AT UPS FACILITY
SYLMAR,
CA, US 02/28/2009 2:05 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

:banghead :google

Tom, you've GOT to see what my Tracking Information says now!! LOL

VISALIA,
CA, US 03/02/2009 8:51 A.M. INCORRECT ROUTING AT UPS FACILITY
SYLMAR,
CA, US 02/28/2009 2:05 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

:banghead :google

funny-pictures-bird-cat-cage.jpg

Looks good to me. Love the real material belt.

If I had to nit about anything I'd say the helmet band is too thick, but I have a feeling that's the luck of the draw.

Tom, can you post a little review to give some insight?

OK, just a few thoughts--they really did a great job. I think it's certainly one of the best jobs they have done on a Star Wars characters at this scale. I know there will be some fans who get out their compass and protractor and try to convince me that it looks nothing like a Stormtrooper, but for my money this is an excellent figure and I don't really see how it could have been better at this price and scale. (Makes me really excited to see a PF Stormtrooper.)

As you can see here, you are going to need to futz around a little but to get the armor to sit right--out of the box, it's a little loose. (See the back piece in this picture.) I was surprised how loose the leg armor in particular was, and how they slid around--but get him posed and set up right and it should look fine.

stormtrooper05.jpg

Also, be prepared--the first time you put a gun in his hand, the black paint is going to scrape right off:

stormtrooper08.jpg

That's a bummer, but it's happened on other figures in the past so this isn't unprecedented for me. Just be really careful posing him with a weapon or he'll have white gloves before too long. You could argue that this is my fault, but I would like to see a more durable paint job for a figure that is going to be posed like this.

There are also one or two places on the armor (right leg for me) where you can see the little break points from the injection mold (or whatever the terminology might be). I'll get a shot in a second. Not that big a deal, however.

I think that overall, this is certainly one of the best looking figures I've picked up in the 12" line. Keep in mind that I have no Medicom or Marmit figures or anything to compare it to--this is the first Stormtrooper 12" I have purchased, and I feel absolutely no need to own one from another company after seeing how well it turned out. I leave it to others to pick it apart, because I love it. They took a Stormtrooper and shrunk it down to the size of my foot, and it's about as close to perfect as I could ask for. I give it five out of five dancing Chewies:

:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew

How does the helmet work Tom? Is it removable with a dummy head under it (ala Medicom) or is it one solid piece or is it closer to Leia as boushh?

Back