1/6 Sideshow 1/6th Scale Star Wars Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hasbro comes up pretty nice with a bit of weathering. I used the Scouts log accessories on a plain black base and dowel to levitate the bike. Perfectly good option and so much cheaper. The SS bike does look great, but I couldn't afford it.
94fd2cdb0defc9dfe57bac1b985ec1f2.jpg
ab886b54044b6cf9465decc0cacda74c.jpg
aaa78db9f613def3ac41fce73aed13e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh so glad I ordered. I'll use 'logs' from scout. What size post did u use? I want to get a clear acrylic one.

Awesome. Thanks!! What base is that or did u make it? And how did u weather?

No worries. The base is just a bit of wood with spray paint. There are nicer bases out there though. The weathering was done with acrylic paint washes and some dry brushing with some highlights for the "metal" parts. If you check out "The RPF" forums, they have some good tutorials on weathering model kits. The dowel is a 7mm rod, but I had to shave it down at the tip so it fit the hole on the bike. I hope that helps!

No worries. The base is just a bit of wood with spray paint. There are nicer bases out there though. The weathering was done with acrylic paint washes and some dry brushing with some highlights for the "metal" parts. If you check out "The RPF" forums, they have some good tutorials on weathering model kits. The dowel is a 7mm rod, but I had to shave it down at the tip so it fit the hole on the bike. I hope that helps!

Awesome. Thanks!!!

The Hasbro comes up pretty nice with a bit of weathering. I used the Scouts log accessories on a plain black base and dowel to levitate the bike. Perfectly good option and so much cheaper. The SS bike does look great, but I couldn't afford it.
94fd2cdb0defc9dfe57bac1b985ec1f2.jpg
ab886b54044b6cf9465decc0cacda74c.jpg
aaa78db9f613def3ac41fce73aed13e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer the silhouette of the Hasbro speeder. SSC's fine details are obviously better, but the size of the scout -- even with a body swap -- can make the bike look like a scooter at certain angles.

Way back in this thread, I think it was Mandible that made a couple of mods to the SSC. Looked great but also looked like a major pain in the ass. I've always been tempted to do a stripped-down OT display using iconic pieces from each film, but the Speeder has always been problematic for me.

At this point if pressed, I think I'd rather mod a Hasbro.

Thinking of picking this up. From some of the pictures I’ve seen this looks small, is that the case? Or is the Scout trooper too big?

Thinking of picking this up. From some of the pictures I’ve seen this looks small, is that the case? Or is the Scout trooper too big?

From what I remember in this thread, SSC speeder bike is a little undersized. Hasbro speeder bike is a little oversized.

Here are some pictures of SS bike and scout trooper together. Hope it helps you decide.
8726d3612ce0c760089d93707b065bad.jpg
73af58cbb45dccea494b6c6e600a85f7.jpg
9e2ab06dd797a03b60ff409a46654ee5.jpg

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Agree with markecho about the consensus when it comes to both bike sizes.

Yeah, it's true but most of the undersize aspect to the SSC bike comes from the too-small handlebars. If you can add the Hasbro handlebars to it (which are actually reasonably accurate, and the right size,) the SSC bike comes much closer to proper scale.

The Hasbro really is a viable alternative - it's far and away the best 1/6 piece Hasbro ever did, though yeah it's a bit oversized (mostly because the hasbro figs were a little bulkier than mordern 1/6.)

Just thought I put these pics up here,

There has been a lot of debate on this thread about the Sideshow Speeder Bike being the wrong scale. I purchased the Star Wars Scrapbook which has some great pictures in, one of which is below. It shows one of the original Speeder Bike Models that were used for the chase scene on Endor. I have tried to take a picture of my Sideshow speeder at a similar angle to the picture in the book. There is a little bit of lens distortion on the picture that I have taken, but I can say with complete confidence that the Sideshow speeder is absolutely spot on for scale compared to the ILM Model shown.

IMG_2327.jpg
IMG_2328.jpg

Back