1/6 Sideshow 1/6th Scale Star Wars Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those who have it - How hard would this be to take apart once assembled? I'm worried that when I inevitably move, it'll be hard to take apart without destroying it.

You will need to be careful, but I wouldn't be afraid to take mine apart. Not something I would want to do regularly though.

For those who have it - How hard would this be to take apart once assembled? I'm worried that when I inevitably move, it'll be hard to take apart without destroying it.

I have to take it apart soon. I'll let you know. ;) it depends how hard it was to put together, I imagine,as some pieces go in smooth, which means they'll probably come out relatively easily. Some have had very different experiences. I'm worried about the handlebars and the foot pedals. Everything else doesn't seem like a problem.

You will need to be careful, but I wouldn't be afraid to take mine apart. Not something I would want to do regularly though.

Already done it. It's easier than expected. They go on and off far easier after that initial headache.

As everyone said though... be careful :)

I was suggesting that just the handlebars could be taken off the Hasbro toy and put onto the Sideshow version. I've just got a Hasbro from ebay so will see how easy it is to remove the handlebars from it.

Same. Mine (Hasbro) shipped yesterday so I should have it in a week. No matter what, ANYTHING will look better than the factory abomination.

Love the bike. HATE the retarded shaped/sized handlebars that bare virtually no resemblance to the originals.

Wow - Hasbro toy Vader dome from 15 years ago becomes the gold standard for all high end 1/6 Vaders, Hasbro toy speeder bike handlebars from 15 years ago might become the standard mod for all SSC 1/6 bikes. $250-300 items using key parts from old $25-40 toys. That's just nuts.:slap

Wow - Hasbro toy Vader dome from 15 years ago becomes the gold standard for all high end 1/6 Vaders, Hasbro toy speeder bike handlebars from 15 years ago might become the standard mod for all SSC 1/6 bikes. $250-300 items using key parts from old $25-40 toys. That's just nuts.:slap

After putting my scout on the bike I have no issues with them, figure looks great on it. Considering I never intended to get it as I have 2 hasbro ones I'm very happy

Nice pics jkno :)

Thanks. It was raining so I couldn't take it out in the garden. Maybe some other day.

BTW forgot to say that one handle was a bit crooked but I used my gf's hair dryer and easily put it back to the desired shape. I also lightly weathered the white pockets and cummerbund with a pencil. It needs a bit more to be in tone with the rest of the weathering, but is ok for now. Seems the pole from the probe Droid is the same diameter. I have an extra clear pole I might cut and use that for my bike, we'll see

If something gets stuck, us a hairdryer, will help heating and dilating those parts and thus easy to take them out.
^That sounded kind of nasty...:lol

After putting my scout on the bike I have no issues with them, figure looks great on it. Considering I never intended to get it as I have 2 hasbro ones I'm very happy

I still own my Hasbro Biker and his bike, I like them. Decided to keep the SSC Scout on next to his bike for now, unless getting a better display place for them

Thanks. It was raining so I couldn't take it out in the garden. Maybe some other day.

BTW forgot to say that one handle was a bit crooked but I used my gf's hair dryer and easily put it back to the desired shape. I also lightly weathered the white pockets and cummerbund with a pencil. It needs a bit more to be in tone with the rest of the weathering, but is ok for now. Seems the pole from the probe Droid is the same diameter. I have an extra clear pole I might cut and use that for my bike, we'll see

If something gets stuck, us a hairdryer, will help heating and dilating those parts and thus easy to take them out.
^That sounded kind of nasty...:lol

I still own my Hasbro Biker and his bike, I like them. Decided to keep the SSC Scout on next to his bike for now, unless getting a better display place for them
I took a few minutes last night to tighten the elastic on mine as the armour started to get loose, still a nice piece overal, one is still in the main display still for now
I really want 2 ssc bikes as I think it's really sets a nice scene, might be up for a two for one swap if anyone doesn't like there ssc bike :)

The SSC Scout and bike are nice, but not nice enough to warrant a second of either for my collection. I'd rather spend my money on something else.

So finally set up my speeder bike yesterday and unfortunately the undercarriage seems to have been glued on crookedly to the bike body, so the whole front end isn't centered and the sides appear a bit uneven. Didn't even notice it at first when it was all set up, was trying to change up the Scout pose and noticed it from above. I took the bike apart to see where the problem was originating. Problem is it means getting the whole chassis replaced.

I had a alignment issue like your one. Did'nt notice it at first either. Not as off as yours appears to be, but still visible, especially looking at the undercarriage part.
I'd say their all like this to some degree.

Finally got around to permanently installing the lights in my cabinet.
73e2607d61f0801b305d4cac8dd9803e.jpg

Just checked mine and it's also off, but not by as much as that.

Doh, ignorance is bliss. I didn't notice it at all when I set it up. Was so pleased with the bike, then I go to move something and it's all, "Wait a second, what's up with the front end of this thing." Best not to look too closely at our expensive toys.

I had a alignment issue like your one. Did'nt notice it at first either. Not as off as yours appears to be, but still visible, especially looking at the undercarriage part.
I'd say their all like this to some degree.

I get the new part on Friday and it doesn't have to be perfect but hopefully it's noticeably better. If it's still misaligned I'll maybe see how much luck I have using a hair dryer and trying to reposition the bottom more toward the middle. I'll likely do this with the handle bars as well. They're not really an issue when the Scout is on there, but I may display the bike alone at times.

Here's my video review on the Speeder Bike. Hope you guys like it and subscribe! May the Force be with you!

That's the "White Balance" effect from the camera.

The camera adds a bit but the lighting is actually a bit on the blue side IRL aswell. I've been going back and forth between this and a bit warmer "yellowish" light but I prefer this lighting.

Looks nice. Gotta get some more Hoth items--maybe an e-web and snowtrooper. Lighting is perfect.

A snowtrooper is definately on my want list. Hope for a HT one to be announced... :)

The e-web I think will make it to crowded since I plan on two Snowtroopers.

Back