1/6 Sideshow 1/6th Scale Star Wars Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New production photos of the bike. I like that the bases look very similar, always kinda bugged me that they didn't match the stands for the tauntaun, probe, and hoth figures a little better. Still looks undersized, though very impressive.

100121_press14.jpg

This is how I'll have my Scout trooper and bike on display most likely

Ah. That was my second choice. :)

Glad they have some instructions, even I should be able to manage that.

Where's the beer? :dunno

Just cracked open the first one. I'm gonna write something up on this. Don't follow Sideshow's instructions in the order they give them. Seriously, people are going to break parts if they do.

Okay, so after assembling the thing, please note these points:

-Do NOT follow Sideshow's instructions as they present them. My STRONG recommendation is to start with Step 7 (attaching the foot pedals), then move to Step 11 (attaching the console controls), then Step 12 (attaching the steering levers). The steering levers do NOT go in easily. Neither do the foot pedals. These 3 steps took me quite awhile to complete, for fear of breakage. Fortunately, everything ended up fine. After completing those steps, follow the rest of the instructions as presented.

-Neither the foot pedals nor the steering levers move, so be very careful when positioning the scout. Fitting him onto the bike is quite challenging, as you have to position him ever-so-gently, tweaking a boot here, a hand there, knees, elbows, shoulders, hips etc. His boots will not seat properly in the pedals, but close enough. And as far as the steering levers, take special care to make sure that his arms aren't bending them out too much. I don't know how much tolerance they have before possibly snapping (they seem to be a slightly brittle plastic mix).

-The bike is QUITE fragile. I've read others say that the probe droid felt quite fragile, so I imagine the speeder bike is similar to that. However, the probe droid didn't have to interact with a figure.

Having said all that, it really is a wonderful piece! It's QUITE large and impressive! I think the cost should probably have been at least $50 cheaper, especially considering the sheer amount of assembly required, but once completed, it's a show stopper. Good luck, all!

Pics to come.

Back