1/6 Sideshow 1/6th Scale Star Wars Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The biggest reason is the steering levers. They orient almost vertically, whereas the Sideshow bike has them swept way back. I wish they were adjustable.

166FF829-40D8-4C5E-9DAA-E3A054A00D62.jpg

16B8754D-CB47-4ADB-8095-027DDBDF74CD.jpg

Not only they are swept back. The handle bars are totaly way way off. You can see on the screen cap, the intersection (triangular shape) where the handle bar and the support meets. Its mid way up away from the bend. As on the Sideshow version, its near the bend. For me this is a must to fix (or scratch build it. While I'm at it, fix those foot pedal support as well). I thought my bike will be on display, but I guessed it will be on my workbench.

Yet another slight adjustment.

Final opinion: naysayers are wrong. This thing is CLOSE. Superior to the Premium Format.

Steering levers are off, but that's about it.

Not sure about the Hasbro, but I'm sure pics will be forthcoming for comparison. The biggest drawback of this piece is not the piece itself, but rather the limitations of the Prometheus body.

79BCB267-454B-4813-98DF-2ECE458E4D30.jpg

Yet another slight adjustment.

Final opinion: naysayers are wrong. This thing is CLOSE. Superior to the Premium Format.

Steering levers are off, but that's about it.

Not sure about the Hasbro, but I'm sure pics will be forthcoming for comparison. The biggest drawback of this piece is not the piece itself, but rather the limitations of the Prometheus body.

79BCB267-454B-4813-98DF-2ECE458E4D30.jpg
Oooh, that shot is nice. After seeing initial pics, I was thinking I would just display the scout standing next to it. But I'm really liking this shot. Need another scout to stand next to it now. :panic:

Well, I'm back to wanting this set again. Would make a perfect on-top-of-detolf display! Ugh.. And we aren't even to the Force Awakens stuff yet. Going to be Star Wars overload.

In the behind the scene shot, the trooper has his elbows almost resting on the top of the bike.

attachment.php

If the underlying body on the scout could get that low and the pedals could 'swing' up and down, that pose would totally be possible.

Again, the biggest drawback to this set is the trooper, not the bike.

As usual, your photos, Rubio, are fantastic & a joy to drool over. Your photos have frequently caused me to place orders, I've originally not intended to make.
However, I think the handle bars are too small - slightly, but enough - combined with the limitations of the SS Prometheus, & I'm not sad that I past. I think if the handle bars were able to move up & down, this thing would've been a home run (even with slightly bigger pistons). & I would've been placing my order now.
Yet your first photo, of the Scout on the bike, reminded me of The Wizard of Oz witch on her bike. & now I can't un-see it. Way better on your second & third shots! But I think I'll be content with my Hasbro, & live vicariously through all of you who are getting this.

As usual, your photos, Rubio, are fantastic & a joy to drool over. Your photos have frequently caused me to place orders, I've originally not intended to make.
However, I think the handle bars are too small - slightly, but enough - combined with the limitations of the SS Prometheus, & I'm not sad that I past. I think if the handle bars were able to move up & down, this thing would've been a home run (even with slightly bigger pistons). & I would've been placing my order now.
Yet your first photo, of the Scout on the bike, reminded me of The Wizard of Oz witch on her bike. & now I can't un-see it. Way better on your second & third shots! But I think I'll be content with my Hasbro, & live vicariously through all of you who are getting this.

No worries, Rusty. THANK YOU for the compliment!

This bike is not for everyone, at this price, and you're absolutely right about the handlebars.

Nevertheless, it is fantastic, in my opinion, and although it has its flaws, I'm glad I bought it.

I like being able to post pics early, but I really wish others had gotten theirs early, too, so that we could see more than one take on it.

I'm happy to share my photos, though I hope that they don't turn anyone away from ordering this kit!

So with the TT Slim being so difficult or expensive to locate currently, is there a decent facsimile that people use?

I went from collecting strictly HT, to recently picking up a few of SS's troopers (this EX included, arrived today), and I agree that the Prometheus bodies just don't compare.

So with the TT Slim being so difficult or expensive to locate currently, is there a decent facsimile that people use?

I went from collecting strictly HT, to recently picking up a few of SS's troopers (this EX included, arrived today), and I agree that the Prometheus bodies just don't compare.

The painful truth is, even though Hot Toys bodies (or even knockoffs) are vastly superior, I don't think they'll make much difference when it comes to sitting a figure on the bike. It requires a torso that can bend beyond the capabilities of current plastic figure bodies.

I've enjoyed the photographic talent from you, & the other Sideshow Freaks for years (I've been a long time lurker, & only recently stepped out of the shadows). I do look forward to seeing all the photos from everyone, & hope my resolve at not getting this continues. With all the stuff I got hanging out there in the "Land of Preorder", it's probably for the best I've been able to resist this purchase... so far.

The painful truth is, even though Hot Toys bodies (or even knockoffs) are vastly superior, I don't think they'll make much difference when it comes to sitting a figure on the bike. It requires a torso that can bend beyond the capabilities of current plastic figure bodies.

I was asking more for general improvement of my trooper's posing/articulation, not strictly as it applies to riding the bike.

While I hope it's true that SSC is working on a new body for their 1/6 lines, in the meantime I'm just curious if there's a TT-esque option that doesn't involve adding $100 to the figure's price tags.

I was asking more for general improvement of my trooper's posing/articulation, not strictly as it applies to riding the bike.

While I hope it's true that SSC is working on a new body for their 1/6 lines, in the meantime I'm just curious if there's a TT-esque option that doesn't involve adding $100 to the figure's price tags.

Then perhaps you should go to the scout trooper thread.

This thread is for the bike. Which is inseparable from the scout.

Then perhaps you should go to the scout trooper thread.

This thread is for the bike. Which is inseparable from the scout.

That's fair, but I'm not sure "inseparable" is the word you meant to use if you're implying it's inappropriate to ask questions pertaining to the scout here...

I really like this shot. I think it looks amazing.

Have you checked how talk the Speeder + Scout is? I'm really worried it won't fit on my intended shelf.

And thank you for all the pictures and instructions! Can't wait to get my bike that I bought locally.

Back