1/6 Sideshow 1/6th Scale Star Wars Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is anybody supposed to look at the work you did on the bike when there's a brilliant looking Scout sitting atop it? Can't take my eyes off him. :love

Puts the SS version to shame.

Agreed! I don't know much about Scout Troopers, but that one looks absolutely perfect to me .

Beautiful. What an amazing job.
I’d love to see more.
Especially if you took WIP images as you went along.
I am sure everyone would love to see those images too.

The modded Scout and speederbike look great! Hasbro did an excellent job back then on the bike

Thanks guys!:duff

Here are a few closer pics of the modded undercarriage and "dashboard." You obviously can't quite reach the level of detail of the Sideshow bike, but its enough. The engine detailing is pretty important because the Hasbro bike has the tilt-able display stand and even with a fairly subtle tilt you can see a fair amount of the underside.

oQ9zquM.jpg

R5ZyHzB.jpg

dcG2Sgf.jpg

While the Sideshow and hasbro fuselages aren't hugely different in terms of length (the Hasbro fuselage is only maybe 15% longer overall - the long front poles is mostly the reason the Hasbro seems much longer) the main difference is in width. The Hasbro bike is probably over 150% of the width than the Sideshow - so close to double. What's a bit frustrating is the Hasbro bike is most definitely around 25% too wide, but the Sideshow fuselage also feels maybe 10% too narrow. While there's not a lot of overall length difference, how the fuselages are divided up on the SSC vs Hasbro fuselages is pretty different though - for example, the hasbro seat is like 1/3 longer than the SSC.

If anyone needs me to post any other pics like front forks etc lmk.

Thanks guys!:duff

Here are a few closer pics of the modded undercarriage and "dashboard." You obviously can't quite reach the level of detail of the Sideshow bike, but its enough. The engine detailing is pretty important because the Hasbro bike has the tilt-able display stand and even with a fairly subtle tilt you can see a fair amount of the underside.
If anyone needs me to post any other pics like front forks etc lmk.

I'd love to see every pic you have. If you don't mind, that is. Either here in the thread, or in a PM.
I never tire of seeing well done customs. But if no-one else wants to see them, feel free to send them via a PM.
And if you took WIP images, i'd love to see those too.
Thanks in advance.

Well it's obviously not on the level of Talibane's custom, but I received my V2 Scout today and I'm pretty happy with him. Like a lot of Sideshow figures I've picked up recently it's not all that terribly impressive up close, but still looks cool enough on display, and especially next to his bike. Which is all I was really shooting for.

20190528_191433 (2).jpg

20190528_192049 (2).jpg

Well it's obviously not on the level of Talibane's custom, but I received my V2 Scout today and I'm pretty happy with him. Like a lot of Sideshow figures I've picked up recently it's not all that terribly impressive up close, but still looks cool enough on display, and especially next to his bike. Which is all I was really shooting for.

It looks good to me.
Does it have that underlying floppy body that Sideshow always uses?

Been debating on getting this speeder bike but with the scout trooper not being the greatest I was thinking of picking up a deluxe luke from hot toys and using that on the bike. I?ve been reading this thread and the bike seems to be on both sides people like it and others don?t.

Back