1/6 Sideshow 1/6th Scale Star Wars Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It?s not that big. They made Maul?s bike...a scout and bike would be no bigger than a standard 1/6 figure 2-pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah but it has more detailed parts though, has more breakable parts, and would require some assembly. The manufacturing costs would be higher I assume. You need a base and a post to that will support the somewhat awkward weight distribution. The Maul speeder was also part of a DX release, which they are known to go all out for. I just have a feeling it's something HT won't do and I have placed my bets accordingly(I have 3 Sideshow speeder bikes, a couple I got at a decent discount).

I could be way wrong about this though and if HT does make a bike I'll still buy at least one.

Yeah but it has more detailed parts though, has more breakable parts, and would require some assembly. The manufacturing costs would be higher I assume. You need a base and a post to that will support the somewhat awkward weight distribution. The Maul speeder was also part of a DX release, which they are known to go all out for. I just have a feeling it's something HT won't do and I have placed my bets accordingly(I have 3 Sideshow speeder bikes, a couple I got at a decent discount).

I could be way wrong about this though and if HT does make a bike I'll still buy at least one.

You make some good points there...I hope you're wrong because I'd like to see their take on a bike. I've almost pulled the trigger on a Sideshow bike a few times because of the same concerns.

Yeah I can't quite see it happening either. Maul's speeder was basically just one solid, sturdy piece of plastic which the speeder bike is definitely not, and HT just hasn't shown much interest in releasing large-scale vehicles of any kind lately. What was the last one they actually released? The Bat Pod?

Yeah I can't quite see it happening either. Maul's speeder was basically just one solid, sturdy piece of plastic which the speeder bike is definitely not, and HT just hasn't shown much interest in releasing large-scale vehicles of any kind lately. What was the last one they actually released? The Bat Pod?

That huge Bat plane I think and it failed big time. They frustratingly haven't even bothered to make the flying Delorean variant which would require little work on their part. Lots of folks have speculated that the increase in Chinese production costs make 1/6 vehicles a losing proposition. The Ecto 1 cost and lengthy development seems to support this.

So should I just pull the trigger and get the sideshow bike? I would hate to miss out if hot toys never does one. And I have no doubt they will do a scout so I guess I can pick that up and just use the deluxe luke for now.....

I don't think HT will make the bike, but for sure they will make scouts.

Scout and speeder bike are inextricably linked together.

But I could forseen HT's doing seperate versions as usual, Regualr only with the Scout, and of course Deluxe with the bike.

If unsure, Indyfan, why not just pick up a Hasbro bike, for the time being. It is much less expensive than the SS one and to be honest, it is quite nice as is. I have two and haven't felt the need to replace them yet.

I have both SSC and Hasbro speederbikes, and while the SSC is a bit sharper and more detailed, it is more fragile than Hasbro which is also cheaper. In the end both have accuracy issues, but for the price Hasbro does the job fine, especially with a bit of weathering.

If unsure, Indyfan, why not just pick up a Hasbro bike, for the time being. It is much less expensive than the SS one and to be honest, it is quite nice as is. I have two and haven't felt the need to replace them yet.

I?m debating on getting the Endor/deluxe luke or the scout for it. The scouts since they are sold out are going for $300-$400 and I can get a deluxe luke for $282 out the door from my local place. So part of me thinks I should wait for hot toys to announce one but I fear that be a while.

I?ve recently stripped down the Hasbro I weathered years ago, modded the steering vanes / air intake with styrene and repainted(finally have an airbrush!). I just have to paint the controls and add a bit more weathering to the handlebars and back flaps. Anyway, really happy with it and has quenched any desire to keep looking on eBay for the SS one!
e4b434c5294c83c7735485fd8f0e0d83.jpg
2892fd6258ffce374f02ef3559941e93.jpg
ec171665ff82d500dff4b8f9d09431a5.jpg
4d55f13102bf66fa35f7c6e5fbff6b78.jpg
bbd9f1d2cd5a593a65289b19a2768494.jpg
09df94c8b88bd44fea7f8a9771689741.jpg
b78965617f45509b24bf2909bce05845.jpg
d4368170c3c8c041ef615774129af0d9.jpg
0f3f7828360a3ebff53b4c79fbeb737d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nicely done! I did the same thing 2-3 years ago (though really dived in and probably did "too much" rebuilding work on it:slap:lol) and it was an interesting challenge and fun.

Its a bit too bulky (its very wide) and somewhat oversized overall but it's still a very cool piece that displays very nicely, well and truly the best thing hasbro ever did in 1/6 scale.

It's the reason I was slightly disappointed when Sideshow announced theirs - because the hasbro really is a viable option, and I wanted to see SSC do something we didn't already have to some degree.

Thanks guys. Yeah, even though it?s oversized I still like it. It really was a lot of fun to work on and would definitely recommend it. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back