1/6 Sideshow 1/6th Scale Star Wars Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this thing. My Hasbro version was the last item I hadn't given away to nieces and nephews from the old collection. I'll still hold onto it and turn it into a ride for a custom bounty hunter. This Sideshow version feels like owning the puppets Phil Tippet got to work with. Not quite that cool but as close as I'll get to owning one of those. Hope you like the pics.

stbike.jpg

stbike1.jpg

stbike2.jpg

stbike3.jpg

stbike4.jpg

stbike5.jpg

Got mine today...

MAN THIS THING IS FLIMSY!!!!

It makes the Probe Droid feel like it's made of steel.

Thankfully I didn't have any (major) issues putting it together - and don't get me wrong, it's fantastic... (except the retarded handlebars).

In-hand, the scale definitely feels acceptable, but again it's that handlebars that throw it off.

I'm going to make some custom ones.

I love this thing. My Hasbro version was the last item I hadn't given away to nieces and nephews from the old collection. I'll still hold onto it and turn it into a ride for a custom bounty hunter. This Sideshow version feels like owning the puppets Phil Tippet got to work with. Not quite that cool but as close as I'll get to owning one of those. Hope you like the pics.

View attachment 207227

View attachment 207228

View attachment 207229

View attachment 207230

View attachment 207231

View attachment 207232

Great shots, curious if your right handle bar was wonky as you are one off the few that seems to pull off the two hand grab.

Great shots, curious if your right handle bar was wonky as you are one off the few that seems to pull off the two hand grab.

Thank you! Both of my handlebars were wonky so I decided the two hand crouching low on the bike pose might force them to straighten up. It was a royal pain to get him in that pose, thanks to those wonky bars, but lots of tweaking and I couldn't be happier with this piece.

Got mine today...

MAN THIS THING IS FLIMSY!!!!

It makes the Probe Droid feel like it's made of steel.

Thankfully I didn't have any (major) issues putting it together - and don't get me wrong, it's fantastic... (except the retarded handlebars).

In-hand, the scale definitely feels acceptable, but again it's that handlebars that throw it off.

I'm going to make some custom ones.

Sent mine back....getting Iron Man mark XLIII instead

Thank you! Both of my handlebars were wonky so I decided the two hand crouching low on the bike pose might force them to straighten up. It was a royal pain to get him in that pose, thanks to those wonky bars, but lots of tweaking and I couldn't be happier with this piece.

So id your right hand sort of pulling the handlebar up to a straighter position then?

This is too much of a killer display for me to consider selling/returning it. I'm not happy about some things but it's still very awesome.

So id your right hand sort of pulling the handlebar up to a straighter position then?

Yup. I put his gloves onto the twisted bars, scrunched him into the pose I wanted, then connected the gloves to the arms making the gloves force the bars into a straighter position. They're still not lined up perfect but it's hard to notice that fault.

Picked up mine today, very happy with it, one day when I've got some spare time I may take a dremel to the body and try and get more joint movement across the upper body so the 2 handed pose doesn't splay the handlebars out as much.

Got the speeder bike a couple weeks ago. I agree with most folks here that it's a spectacular piece, albeit a bit overpriced considering how flimsy some of the pieces are. The handlebars on mine were especially crooked, but I managed to reshape them by dunking them in some hot water and giving the middle section (the part connecting the handlebars to the hinged elbow joint) a slight bend so they line up more closely to the larger support rod. Now the handlebars line up to one another when they are both in the upper and forward positions.

Photo Sep 02, 10 08 03 AM.jpg

Photo Sep 02, 10 08 56 AM.jpg

Also, I took heed of the trouble a lot of folks here were having attaching the pedal assembly to the slot underneath the bike, so I simply filed down the slot end that narrows so that its more rectangular. It's still a tight enough fit so it's not likely to loosen when the scout figure's feet are resting on the pedals. Easy peasy!

Photo Sep 02, 10 11 00 AM.jpg

Speaking of, here's my scout on a Hot Toys slim body. I think the original Sideshow body was acceptable being posed sitting on the bike, but whenever I posed him standing or looked at those stubby arms, I knew a body upgrade was needed.

Photo Sep 02, 9 54 03 AM.jpg

As a result, the belt ended up fitting too loosely, so I undid the glue on the opposite ends of the buckles, trimmed the belt, and re-glued them to remove the excess slack. Also, I opened up the pouches, split the foam padding inside down the middle with a utility knife in order to cut the thickness down in half, and resealed them with an iron. It may be less accurate, but now it looks less like he's hiding a couple cereal boxes in those things!

A don't know if the Hot Toys slim makes it look any better, but it makes posing the figure more enjoyable.

Photo Sep 02, 12 47 08 PM.jpg

Photo Sep 02, 12 58 18 PM.jpg

Photo Sep 02, 12 50 54 PM.jpg

Back