1/6 Sideshow 1/6th Scale Star Wars Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure who the credit goes to but these are a couple I stole from the Luke DX thread.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440288318.587388.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440288328.060126.jpg
I based my custom off of them.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440288345.585708.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440288353.136356.jpg

I really like that custom, but that SSC helmet is too big for that HT head and shaped wrong (the cloth cap is supposed to be very visible above the donut part.) I've cut down the hasbro Endor helmet so it's in proper scale and I'm going to do my HT Luke Bespin as Endor on my modded Hasbro bike once it's done.

I really like that custom, but that SSC helmet is too big for that HT head and shaped wrong (the cloth cap is supposed to be very visible above the donut part.) I've cut down the hasbro Endor helmet so it's in proper scale and I'm going to do my HT Luke Bespin as Endor on my modded Hasbro bike once it's done.

That's a great idea. Share some pics when you get a chance.

Really enjoying the activity in here with this one....lots of great pictures, set-ups and customs really enhancing this piece...

Finally got mine assembled today...many thanks to Rubio for those great assembly suggestions (see https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/star-wars-action-figures/146891-sideshow-1-6th-scale-star-wars-speeder-bike-78.html post 780 in here for details)....they were most helpful...wouldn't have made it through the instructions as written without some breakage with my big mitts. As it was, I still managed to break one of the gear shifters while inserting it....super-glue to the rescue on that one. And that Sideshow "out of the box" video....while it briskly shows the pieces easily popping into place in what seems like seconds, it doesn't quite work that way. Patience, time and careful attention are key to getting this one together.

Like the Imperial Probe Droid that Sideshow presented a while back, this Speeder Bike is more like a glorified, high-end model kit than a robust "toy" accessory for sixth-scale figures. Difference here is, the Probe Droid is strictly a display piece on it's own, not made to actually interact with a heavy, solid sixth scale figure like the bike has to. Delicate with it's details, the Bike looks fantastic with "completed" and really shines once it gets a Scout positioned upon it. It's just leans more towards the fragile side with it's many small, thin, barely-attached parts. When attempting to change up the Scout's position on the bike or move the angle on the bike's stand, some of these parts (most notably the handle bars) are a bit on the stiff side and could break easily.

While some may equate the lightweight and delicate construction as "cheap", that view fades once the bike is assembled and adjusted for display with the Scout positioned on it, grasping that handle grip and wielding his pistol at the rebel scum he's speedily pursuing....

It's a great thing that this set arrived in the summertime so that those of us inclined towards some outdoor shots can capture all of the great detail Sideshow has packed onto the Scout and his ride in natural light....

...in the end, we get another great display piece that that (with extra care) is fun to pose and adjust and snap shots of. Sideshow's team has once again demonstrated that careful research and attention create a classic piece of SW "hardware" that is bursting with memory-triggering details...great job and keep 'em coming!

Any pics anywhere yet of a two bike setup. I am seriously considering a second setup and possibly a third. I have yet to receive my first bike so I wanted to wait to judge in hand quality myself before jumping in again.

After receiving mine. I put it next to Bandai (still in a pin wash stage of weathering) 1/12 Speeder Bike just to see the diffirences.

WP_20150826_008_zps2rsksqoe.jpg

WP_20150826_009_zps3gpduapz.jpg

WP_20150826_010_zpsyq2o8ozr.jpg

WP_20150826_011_zpsh4wkd7js.jpg

I guessed I have to start accurizing this "kit". *sigh*

It's just me or is really hard to plug the steering levers on this thing? :gah:

Awful, one broken already. Why no color coding on this?

So I am finally done and feel the desire to buy the PF and just take it out of the box and easily set it up for display. As others have noted this is a pain in the rear to put together. The foot pedals, in particular, are designed to be stressed when the figure is on the bike. Otherwise they lay flat and need the weight of the figure to push them down into position. These should have been designed better.

The controls, as noted, are damn near impossible for an aging person to see where they go. As usual the instructions suck and don't provide any real guidance except in a general way.

The figure, I am a casual 1:6 collector and don't go for modding, customs, etc. The body on this thing sucks. There's a reason you see so many pictures with the right hand holding the gun (how I have mine). It seems damn near impossible to have two hands holding the grips of the bike AND keep the butt down AND keep the feet in the pedals.

I think for a mounted rider like this you basically need hip joints that are completely worthless, meaning they are ball joints that support no weight at all and just go where you want them to go.

BUT of course it looks great when displayed. I had every intention of buying a second setup but am not so sure now.

Chris

Back