1/6 Sideshow 1/6th Scale Star Wars Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ex. Bike back in stock. Patience paid off. :yess: $162 shipped after applying RPs. Hurts a little to use that many RPs on an item that should be a about $200 maybe. But pics do show it's worth it. Now to wait.

Aaahhh!!! The wait is killing me. Last time I checked. FedEx is still in Taiwan. And with the Typhoon nearing that country. I hope it will not delay there flight. Oh man.

Ex. Bike back in stock. Patience paid off. :yess: $162 shipped after applying RPs. Hurts a little to use that many RPs on an item that should be a about $200 maybe. But pics do show it's worth it. Now to wait.

Damn this is all I needed, EX ordered as well. I had 94 in points I wanted to use but couldn't pull the trigger on the reg when I knew the WL on the ex was bologna. Thanks for posting this update.

Last edited:
Aaahhh!!! The wait is killing me. Last time I checked. FedEx is still in Taiwan. And with the Typhoon nearing that country. I hope it will not delay there flight. Oh man.

Hope it travels to you safely.

Damn this is all I needed, EX ordered as well. I had 94 in points I wanted to use but couldn't pull the trigger on the reg when I new the WL on the ex was bologna. Thanks for posting this update.

:hi5: although the ex piece is simple, it really enhances the display value.

Modified my Hasbro stand to fit into the SS scout base.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440207499.248244.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440207508.402768.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440207519.025760.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440207536.051258.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440207547.972985.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440207555.641874.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440207564.464502.jpg

Nice mod on the stand!

However, the more I see the scout on the Hasbro bike, the more the bike looks waaaaay too big. Maybe it's just the way it looks on camera?

For all its flaws, and even though the physical size difference isn't enormous, I think Sideshow got the scale perfect.

Nice mod on the stand!
That IS a nice moded stand :clap

However, the more I see the Scout on the Hasbro bike, the more the bike looks waaaaay too big. Maybe it's just the way it looks on camera?
At first I thought the Sideshow one was too small, but I am willing to give SS the benefit of the doubt that they probably worked harder and did more research to get the scale correct. Still, it's tough to tell the exact scale on screen. Neither version is "unrealistic" in terms of scale, and there's something about the slightly bigger one that seems more powerful (but maybe harder to get between trees :wink1: ). You could almost imagine that they both exist in the SW universe as slightly different models.

For all its flaws, and even though the physical size difference isn't enormous, I think Sideshow got the scale perfect.

Sideshow better get it perfect for the price it sells for, but I think I'd be happy with the Hasbro one if I had a Scout Trooper. I have two Hasbro bikes in storage, one with Luke and one with Leia. I'm trying to decide if I should sell my bikes because people are looking to buy them now or if I should get a Scout Trooper to go with one of my Hasbro bikes (maybe even do a paint app weathering it some).

If I get a Scout for one of my Hasbro Bikes, I could sell the other one OR just hold on to it in case Sideshow or Hot Toys ever makes a ROTJ Luke and Leia in Endor gear- then they could ride the other one.

Thanks guys. I just took the crotch grabber out and flipped the black post upside down. It's got a bigger hole in the bottom so I cut the hasbro clear standards the "Y" intersection and was able to fit it into the post. Turned out pretty cool.

That IS a nice moded stand :clap

At first I thought the Sideshow one was too small, but I am willing to give SS the benefit of the doubt that they probably worked harder and did more research to get the scale correct. Still, it's tough to tell the exact scale on screen. Neither version is "unrealistic" in terms of scale, and there's something about the slightly bigger one that seems more powerful (but maybe harder to get between trees :wink1: ). You could almost imagine that they both exist in the SW universe as slightly different models.

Sideshow better get it perfect for the price it sells for, but I think I'd be happy with the Hasbro one if I had a Scout Trooper. I have two Hasbro bikes in storage, one with Luke and one with Leia. I'm trying to decide if I should sell my bikes because people are looking to buy them now or if I should get a Scout Trooper to go with one of my Hasbro bikes (maybe even do a paint app weathering it some).

If I get a Scout for one of my Hasbro Bikes, I could sell the other one OR just hold on to it in case Sideshow or Hot Toys ever makes a ROTJ Luke and Leia in Endor gear- then they could ride the other one.

I'm plagued with the same dilemma.

To me in some pictures the SS and Hasbro bikes look like the right size, but then in others the Hasbro looks a little big and the SS looks a little small. :dunno

Nice mod on the stand!

However, the more I see the scout on the Hasbro bike, the more the bike looks waaaaay too big. Maybe it's just the way it looks on camera?

It is a bit oversized. I'm modding my Hasbro bike - shortening, adding detail and doing repaint - so we'll see how it looks.

I've been watching every video and examining every up-close still of the SSC bike (as reference) and it just looks incredible. I know there's been a few assembly issues but it looks nearly on-par with the probe droid and that's SSC"s best SW piece.

To me in some pictures the SS and Hasbro bikes look like the right size, but then in others the Hasbro looks a little big and the SS looks a little small. :dunno

:exactly::gah::lol

Just watched the SS assembly video. Laughed a bit when I got to the part about the steering vanes: "vanes can be pushed in part way and will hold position, to give a variety of display options."

Really? The silvery rods on mine are way too small in diameter to make for a tight enough fit in their holes to do that. Is everyone's like this?

A few photos of my Scout Trooper on the Speeder Bike.

I was going to compare SSC Speeder Bike with Hasbro's but it would be unfair, I think that AS IS is a great toy but side by side you can see that is oversized and the details on the SSC version are great.

I was going to compare SSC Speeder Bike with Hasbro's but it would be unfair, I think that AS IS is a great toy but side by side you can see that is oversized and the details on the SSC version are great.

Great pics. Love the background and foreground blur. And I love that you didn't include the 'thermal detonator' either lol!

Modified my Hasbro stand to fit into the SS scout base.

That base mod looks fantastic!!

As far as I can tell, the SS Scout Trooper looks fine and to scale on both speeder bikes. There's really no glaring scale problems with either.

I've got two Hasbro speeder bikes that I'll be putting up for sale soon. Keeping another for sure, now.

This is probably the most accurate the Scout has looked - the angle lessens the too-long mouth. That looks like a pic from ROTJ.

Was just looking at ROTJ screen shots (as one does). I already knew this but some shots drove it home again...the filming models don't have normal proportioned bodies riding them. Little more than armatures sporting heads with over-long arms. This accounts for some of the disparity in what this set can achieve vs. the films.

The rest explained by real bodies vs. hard plastic.

Back