1/6 Sideshow 1/6th Scale Star Wars Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's no doubt the SS bike's detailing looks fantastic. Looking at the way the bike can be broken down in that video I think they'll ship it in pieces to be put together. I'm going to wait for in hand pic's to decide if I get this or not.

Agreed. Love everything about it, but the scale is a worry.

Let's see the in-hand pics!

It comes pretty close to the prop model I think though the scout looks to need a neck mid in order to look straight up whilst riding

Thanks,yes it's a re-working of the hasbro bike and modded trooper with the tomy helmet. Hoping to replace him with the new trooper. Will be interesting to compare scale size of the helmets,my guess is the SS one will be larger.

It's pretty apparent the SSC is larger. If I recall, the Tomy was a touch under-scaled.

[...] I think they'll ship it in pieces to be put together.[...]

Yep, they stated that in the video.

Maybe the scale of the SS bike is not as far off as we think? Only in hand will tell..
View attachment 198736View attachment 198737View attachment 198738

There are scale discrepancies between the full-size prop and the models, I believe. Looking at the photos, it once again occurs to me that the model troopers they used had unnatural proportions. Particularly the arms.

It's pretty apparent the SSC is larger. If I recall, the Tomy was a touch under-scaled.

Yep, they stated that in the video.

There are scale discrepancies between the full-size prop and the models, I believe. Looking at the photos, it once again occurs to me that the model troopers they used had unnatural proportions. Particularly the arms.

yeah, all the Tomy helmets are a little underscale, but the Biker isn't too noticeable. Though the Hasbro Biker helmet (v2) is a viable option - it's one of their best sculpts.

There are speeder bike discrepancies and the full size one seems proportionately smaller than the model does. Details like the steering struts are somewhat different too, though the SSC ones do seem a bit too stubby.

The overall problem is that the Hasbro bike was the best 1/6 piece they ever did, a pretty remarkable piece, even if it's slightly oversized.

I don't know if it's, like some have said, the Biker Scout is not sitting all the way back. Or if it's just the handle bars that are just a tick too small. Either way, to me at least, the Biker looks like he's bunched up on top of the bars. I'm waiting on in hand pics. I know there will be WAY better posing & futzing from the member here.
The bike though, is beautiful. I have the Hasbro version, & I still think it's awesome. I'm hoping SS hits theirs out of the park.

I don't know if it's, like some have said, the Biker Scout is not sitting all the way back.

I think him sitting back all the way will make it look more natural. And looking at the video theres no reason he shouldn't be able too.

Due to lack of space on shelf, I might have to display my Scout next to his bike. Maybe in a pose like the Gentle Giant statue or something - though I doubt I can put his leg up like GG statue.

41xhVVQBz4L._SX466_.jpg

I like that pose.

I'm also worried about shelf space (height) but hoping it will fit.

I kind of want this but haven't made up my mind if I'll pick it up. It's cool but sort of pricey, I doubt it'll get made again anytime soon though. I think I'll for sure at least get a Scout if not the bike though.

I'm just waiting for the final payment notice. But I find this really disturbing...

Scout Trooper Luke Boots.jpg

On the left is Sideshow. On the right is the 32" studio prop.

But whose foot is that meant to be, a woman or a man? Leia would have much smaller feet than a Scout Trooper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With the heel it definitely looks like Leia's. Could be Luke's but doesn't look like it at a glance. What's funny though is this is nothing new. From the first teaser image:
preview_SpeederBikeSixth.jpg

Back