Sideshow 1/6 Stormtrooper custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well old bean, it,s like this. Don,t get me wrong, like many of us
I love Sideshows products, but when I joined this forum a few
months ago quite a lot of people seemed unhappy with certain
aspects of the stormtrooper. Things like the oversize "mic tips",
on the helmet and wide chest armour amongst other things made
me want to try to make the figure a bit more like his "real" full
sized counter part. Also, being a model maker + sculptor I
wanted to own an original (plus I can,t leave things alone
without wanting to alter them in some way!)

Think you got me wrong, in no way I wanted to say your customization is not useful or something like that.
I just wanted to know why you changed the belt, what is different to the original armour.

Think you got me wrong, in no way I wanted to say your customization is not useful or something like that.
I just wanted to know why you changed the belt, what is different to the original armour.

Ah, the belt. Well, it,s just my opinion that I thought
it looked a little too "chunky", so I decided to remake
it. You can see the difference between mine and
Sideshows in the pics. I hope you don,t think that
I was offended by your original post because I,m
sure none was intended and none was taken.:1-1:
Hope you enjoy the pics!:lol

Great stuff dude!
Congratulations.

Maybe this has been asked before, but have you thought about offering castings of the codpiece? I'd be very interested in a few of those.
It is one area that really irks me! (well, that and the entire leg-armour set-up, but that's another story)

Great stuff dude!
Congratulations.

Maybe this has been asked before, but have you thought about offering castings of the codpiece? I'd be very interested in a few of those.
It is one area that really irks me! (well, that and the entire leg-armour set-up, but that's another story)

Thanks for the compliment Sir! As for casting the codpiece, if
anyone wants to do the moulding + casting I,d be happy to
lend it to them.

yea............biginthepantsstormtroopersforeveryone yippykayeamadd___r!!!!!.........:yess:

If Marks Busy with other stuff ,I'll take a stab at it, if you are interested.

Will need to get some more silicone though.

Jager and I had a chat about this and if I remember correctly he was gonna send it to me when he gets chance, but I have not heard from him in a while... I hope I have not forgotten something !! but I thin you could do a grand job mate...

Hi guys, update at last. These pics show the codpiece in
various stages through to finished, though not in the right
order it appears, DOH!!!!:gah:

Love what your doing mate, Im in the same boat with trying to use sandy & blackhole armour to get a completed Stormie.

Did you just modify the exsisting sandy cod piece or did you cast it?

Im trying to figure out how to cast curved pieces in general & i see that the cod piece looks awkward.

Keep up the Awesome work

Phil

Love what your doing mate, Im in the same boat with trying to use sandy & blackhole armour to get a completed Stormie.

Did you just modify the exsisting sandy cod piece or did you cast it?

Im trying to figure out how to cast curved pieces in general & i see that the cod piece looks awkward.

Keep up the Awesome work

Phil

1st of all guys, sorry for any delay in replying to any posts as I am being treated for very high blood pressure. 2nd, Mark, please forward your address again and I,ll get the codpiece sent off to you pronto. 3rd, would it be too much trouble for Sideshow to give us accurate figures for what we are paying them? Lets face it guys, we are paying £90.00+
for figures that we are unhappy with! I mean, crappy inaccurate helmets, armour, codpieces etc, floppy figures that can,t even stand on their own etc! It,s about time that Sideshow employed the likes of Dorgs, Hurricane etc to correct these faults!:pfft:

Back