Sideshow 1/6 Starcraft Raynor Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is another figure (along with 3A Master Chief) that I have rather mixed feelings about. It looks amazing but has alot of problems. I would be more forgiving of these problems if this wasn't the most expensive figure in my collection. After paying less for Threezero Atlas, his issues seemed to intensify. He is still an awesome looking figure, but not worth the high price tag IMO. I am still hoping to have a Tychus some day but I am not sure I want to spend/risk another huge chunk of money on him. But anyway...pics. :)
E4D99228-202A-4D66-BE07-C46B24F0040B_zpsltq6tixg.jpg

I honestly love the figure despite his shortcomings. He has a lot of presence among my 1/6th scale figures and as a starcraft fan (a little bit biased but also realistic), he's a fine addition to my collection. That being said he needs work. That rubber deterioration is a punch in the gut and I still haven't tried to remedy it yet. Also some weak joints could do with some work. I really want tychus so I can have the pair but at this point jimmy is enough unless they can fix the issues. I'm not holding my breath on the rubber since its pretty much a universal thing but the joints can be fixed.

We can all agree the figure is impressive looking, but not $500 worth. However, the other day, I just ordered the figure for $382 w/shipping (shipping cost me around $7-$8). This is for a brand new figure...not used.

How did I do that? Well, I got my collector's edition of StraCraft II: Legacy of the Void. In that collector's edition, there is a digital coupon for 25% off anything in the Blizzard Gear store. Sideshow's Raynor figure is listed there. I purchased in through the Blizzard Store and I was able to apply that coupon code. I couldn't believe it!! Not sure how many of them they have in stock, but I would suspect a good amount of people would jump on this if they knew this combo worked.

Hope this helps my fellow collectors that really wants one. Oh...and you're welcome! :)

We can all agree the figure is impressive looking, but not $500 worth. However, the other day, I just ordered the figure for $382 w/shipping (shipping cost me around $7-$8). This is for a brand new figure...not used.

How did I do that? Well, I got my collector's edition of StraCraft II: Legacy of the Void. In that collector's edition, there is a digital coupon for 25% off anything in the Blizzard Gear store. Sideshow's Raynor figure is listed there. I purchased in through the Blizzard Store and I was able to apply that coupon code. I couldn't believe it!! Not sure how many of them they have in stock, but I would suspect a good amount of people would jump on this if they knew this combo worked.

Hope this helps my fellow collectors that really wants one. Oh...and you're welcome! :)

Dang and I just bought that Raynor art print....good to know though, thanks. Guess I will open up that collector's edition before I intended.

Hey everyone, I am curious if anyone who owns or is familiar with the figure knows if he can be posed in a way that he has a total height of 13 inches or less. Kneeling, spread apart legs, bent knees, etc. I have a spot for him, but he would have to be that size. Thanks!

Hey all, for those who haven't ordered Raynor and are thinking about pulling the trigger, ThinkGeek has a REALLY good deal. With code SAVEMORE, you can save a whopping 30% on him bringing the price down $366.94 SHIPPED. Hurry as the code only lasts until 12/3/15! Wished I waited... raynor.jpg

Wait, what? I own the LOTV CE and haven't seen any Blizzard Store coupon. Is it a regional offer (my CE isn't english-based)?

A question to those who own the figure - how difficult you think it would be to take it apart for repainting purposes? In order the reach every hidden nook and cranny.

Wait, what? I own the LOTV CE and haven't seen any Blizzard Store coupon. Is it a regional offer (my CE isn't english-based)?

A question to those who own the figure - how difficult you think it would be to take it apart for repainting purposes? In order the reach every hidden nook and cranny.

Mine was inside the game case under the CD key slip.

And it doesn't seem like it would be easy to take apart. There's a lot of glued parts so I imagine you'd gotta break em off.

I think its region based. I never got one in the WoD or LOTV CE either. I am in Australia so I get the english version.

Hey all, for those who haven't ordered Raynor and are thinking about pulling the trigger, ThinkGeek has a REALLY good deal. With code SAVEMORE, you can save a whopping 30% on him bringing the price down $366.94 SHIPPED. Hurry as the code only lasts until 12/3/15! Wished I waited... View attachment 226601

I was going to order until I got to the checkout page and it showed a "Duty, Tax, and Handling: $115 " for the order.

Which is about $50 higher than it should be if I were to just buy this and have it shipped via USPS. I'm in Canada so I know there is taxes and customs, but they are overcharging for this.

FYI. I sprayed my Raynor's hoses with Testor dull coat spray months ago after hearing about the degrading of the rubber. I just check and the hoses have not gotten any worse. They seem to have stopped degrading all together. Just thought you all might like to know.

AFM

I checked the rubber pipes on my Raynor and they do crack a little bit, but not too bad at the moment.

Interestingly, Tychus went waitlisted for some reason. I don't see him being that popular due to even higher price. Maybe people like him more for the color as a generic space marine?

I checked the rubber pipes on my Raynor and they do crack a little bit, but not too bad at the moment.

Interestingly, Tychus went waitlisted for some reason. I don't see him being that popular due to even higher price. Maybe people like him more for the color as a generic space marine?

Or Sideshow saw that Jimmy wasn't a huge seller and lowered the production run on him. I'd love to get tychus but I can't justify it right now and the rubber hose issue irks me.

Hey Guys!

I want to thank everyone who has posted their experience with this figure. I definitely went through the gambit of emotions for this guy. On one hand, its an incredible looking figure and is the size of a tank, but the QC issues are definitely not acceptable.

Well, about a week ago Thinkgeek had a 30% off sale, and I conferred with my collector friend to see if he thought I should just go for it. He dissuaded me saying that sideshow would have him for 40% off on New Years. I decided to wait, and to my horror it went waitlisted. I sulked for a few days and eventually bought my #2 (Whiplash Mk II).

Today is Christmas, and to my surprise, my girlfriend gave this to me as a gift today. Apparently her and a few of my friends had all pitched in to buy this for me, and my friends 40% off sale was a lie.

I know many of you have had issues with this, and mine definitely showed up with some problems. But I stood him up, and god damn am I impressed. Currently the two problems I'm having are that the right arm seems to have some problems articulating with the shoulder not getting in the way, and the right foot seems to not articulate in places. While for the price that should absolutely not happen, I couldn't be happier having this guy. Picking up my detolf this weekend. (this is my first 1:6).

Raynor Head.jpg

Raynor controller.jpg

Raynor.jpg

Thanks again y'all.

Congrats! That is a hell of a Christmas gift!

I just placed a order for Tychus on bbts yesterday. I would like to wait for a similar sale for him but he seems to be selling out much faster. I suspect that they are reducing his production run based on how long it took Raynor to finally start selling out.

The lights on Raynor look amazing. I'm not into Starcraft at all and I actually want this, despite all its flaws, just because of how imposing it looks.

That said, with the flaws and QC issues in mind, I probably wouldn't pay a hair over $200 for it—so I'd best keep on dreaming.

Back