Sideshow 1/6 Starcraft Raynor Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also not to disagree but the Threezero atlas doesn't have any commonly reported problems and that sucker has strong enough joints to DUAL WIELD weapons. Really hope SS offers replacement left legs because this was my grail figure for the last two years, really really bummed to hear so many QC problems. Doesn't matter its an action figure, its 500 dollars, whens the last time you spent 500 dollars on something and weren't 100% satisfied.
I hear ya. It's possible there are many people who don't post that bought the figure and received a flawless version of him. However, with a figure this complex, there is bound for something to go wrong along the lines. The more pieces, the higher the probability of something will break.

I agree. As much as I want this figure, I can't seem to overlook the quality concerns that I have. So far, I've been hearing loose joints, pain-in-the-butt helment, pieces breaking because some areas are fragile, screws are so small and can be easily stripped, etc. That's not a $500 quality figure IMO. Don't get me wrong, he looks stunning (Paint job looks great!), I just wish he was a little more durable and easy to work with.

I'll keep listening to the reviews as more people get it in their hands.

Exactly, what my sentiments are! :slap

Sometime today I'm gonna try and get some more pictures up and get all my pictures and thoughts into one place. I feel like there are a lot of people that are still on the fence about this guy and I want to help address all those concerns seeing as mine has problems but I still love him. I'll write up some more thoughts and get a nice big imgur album full of pictures up later. And I agree with darthviper about the statue. They released a tychus statue back when starcraft 2 was announced and the only other thing they've done is kerrigan. I think they are more interested in getting the 1/6th scales out then getting statues out. And I gotta say I've seen the statue, and it is great and all, but Raynor is way more detailed, and in my opinion he is a far better piece to have.

Sometime today I'm gonna try and get some more pictures up and get all my pictures and thoughts into one place. I feel like there are a lot of people that are still on the fence about this guy and I want to help address all those concerns seeing as mine has problems but I still love him. I'll write up some more thoughts and get a nice big imgur album full of pictures up later. And I agree with darthviper about the statue. They released a tychus statue back when starcraft 2 was announced and the only other thing they've done is kerrigan. I think they are more interested in getting the 1/6th scales out then getting statues out. And I gotta say I've seen the statue, and it is great and all, but Raynor is way more detailed, and in my opinion he is a far better piece to have.

Thank you...that would be very helpful. I also know a friend who bought him as well. Assuming he has it in-hand, I will try to contact him and get his thoughts on the piece.

Great photos, he looks awesome! Kinda sad to see that the cooling vents don't sit flush :( Thanks for taking the time to post pictures URDNOTSullivan! Mine's coming in tomorrow according to the tracking number so I'll post my pictures and pros and cons as well.

Aware of the statue version situation, just mean more $$$ for another one. :p

Or like I mentioned, I might jump on the Tychus version just for a blue marine...for all the years of sending them to their deaths.

ON the other forums, someone posted that their visor will not close all the way. Is this just a problem on theirs or are other finding this also?
1B099259-49E0-428B-A372-310FD12E60E4_zpsikpgudsc.jpg

Ive found that getting the visor closed can be tricky just because the helmet space is super tight. Typically my visor liked to get caught on Raynor nose. I can usually get the visor closed, but only after moving around the head inside a bit. Its worth mentioning too that I still have not managed to remove the helmet for fear of breaking it every time I try.

^ that visor issue is mine. I still cant remove helmet either. What ever the part is between the visor and outside helmet is loose and moves with visor. Plus my face keeps falling off.

I can get my visor to close no problem. The blast shield won't go all the way but I think that's the same on all figures. For the visor you probably just need to get it popped off and moved around. mine is much better after fiddling.

The trick I found for the visor is to pinch both sides and try to pull it upwards and forwards. It seems like it gets hung up on the rear tab for me.

Btw, actually heard back from SS Returns/Exchanged office! Seeing as they didn't tell me right away that they couldn't replace him I have high hopes!

Thank you very much for your patience and for the pictures you provided. If you would like to keep your Raynor as is, we can offer you a $60.00 Sideshow Collectibles credit that can be used on a future purchase. If there is something from our website that you are thinking about ordering, let us know the item number and we will book the order for you and apply this credit to that purchase. This offer is valid on any in-stock or preorder items listed in our online store. Please note however, if you accept the Sideshow Collectibles credit, the case will be closed and you will not be eligible for any further credits or an exchange on this item.

If this option is not satisfactory, please let us know and we can look into a potential replacement for you.

Please let us know what you would like to do. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me and I shall do my best to assist you.

Looking at it, it looks boss. Touching it, moving parts. Not so much. I dont see the value, plus mine had some issues. So its going back. Maybe figures arent for me.

Had my Raynor today. I think I got lucky, no problems with any joints or screws. The only thing I am very wary of is taking the helmet off. I tried a couple of times but failed and did not want to force things too much. I love all the small details-tubes, decals etc. I am certainly glad he is in the collection, but like others think that $400 would have been a fair price.

Back