Sideshow 1/6 Starcraft Raynor Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone that has Raynor, does both thumbs have free range movement or is only his right thumb? Mine Raynor's left thump socket is glued stiff, and is only able open and close his thumps not move them?

Both the thumbs should have free movement. In fact, my Raynor's right thumb is pretty loose but its nothing some super glue cant fix. But I'm not gonna mess with him since I might be sending him back yet.

Anyone that has Raynor, does both thumbs have free range movement or is only his right thumb? Mine Raynor's left thump socket is glued stiff, and is only able open and close his thumps not move them?

Probably just locked up by paint. Heat the joint with a hair dryer and carefully work it till it's free.

You know I love this figure but the more I move him around, and examine some of the moving parts and joints, the more I think somebody somewhere screwed up. Not only is my left foot loose, but there are parts on the left foot that will not move the way they move on the right foot. It feels like part of the foot has been super glued to another part of the foot. And the upper panel on left leg seems to move and can go flush with the rest of the leg, but the panel on the right will not move at all and is not flush with the leg. I have a sneaking suspicion that somebody was not very careful when they put this thing together and turned to super glue as a fix. (for reference I'm talking about the panels on the very upper thigh that look like they are a separate piece from the rest of the armor on the thigh, not the silver part of the thigh.) On a positive note, I finally got the helmet off!

My raynor has no fragility/loose issues, guess I lucked out. Keep in mind too that even though a few people here have issues, does not mean it is the majority. I would recommend this to anyone with extra money and a fan of the series

My raynor has no fragility/loose issues, guess I lucked out. Keep in mind too that even though a few people here have issues, does not mean it is the majority. I would recommend this to anyone with extra money and a fan of the series

I definitely agree with Lipsmack. This figure is great and as a Starcraft fan, I adore him. I've just had a lot of issues with the figure I was sent that I'm still working to resolve, but there have definitely been people who received perfect pieces.

Luckily my girlfriends mom is a professional photographer and we got sometime to get together and get some great photos! Will hopefully have them up this weekend.

Hello guys,

Newbie here which could use some help.

Raynor was my first SS figure, however, mine doesnt light up. I inserted all 4 batteries, but no go. I even used new batteries that I had and still nothing.

Am I missing something here guys? Cause when I push the button on the back nothing happens :(. I can understand maybe some joint issues here and there, but shipping the figure when it doesnt even light up kinda baffles me.

Any suggestions?

I definitely agree with Lipsmack. This figure is great and as a Starcraft fan, I adore him. I've just had a lot of issues with the figure I was sent that I'm still working to resolve, but there have definitely been people who received perfect pieces.

:( a great looking figure indeed, however mine came with the similar issue of Raynor's right cooling vent's not staying in and always hanging out, unless I hold it in with my fingers or tape it. Also my left thumb is stuck shut as only the thumb joins open and close but don't freely rotate.

Hello guys,

Newbie here which could use some help.

Raynor was my first SS figure, however, mine doesnt light up. I inserted all 4 batteries, but no go. I even used new batteries that I had and still nothing.

Am I missing something here guys? Cause when I push the button on the back nothing happens :(. I can understand maybe some joint issues here and there, but shipping the figure when it doesnt even light up kinda baffles me.

Any suggestions?

Hate to ask the obvious questions but were the batteries inserted correctly, negative and positive? Did you screw the panel back on tight to where they touch the terminals?

Hate to ask the obvious questions but were the batteries inserted correctly, negative and positive? Did you screw the panel back on tight to where they touch the terminals?

Yes sir, I wish I had taken a picture lol, but I already put it in the box. The signs on the back (+ or -) is the end part of the battery that should be sticking out correct? I even checked one of my remotes just in case hehe.

Man, Im bummed :(

Yes sir, I wish I had taken a picture lol, but I already put it in the box. The signs on the back (+ or -) is the end part of the battery that should be sticking out correct? I even checked one of my remotes just in case hehe.

Man, Im bummed :(

Contact SS for a replacement/refund! I'll be doing that shortly unfortunately. I've got many SS figures; Yoda, both Fetts and Vader and never had an issue until now. It's a huge figure and a shame to hear so many issues out the box.

Contact SS for a replacement/refund! I'll be doing that shortly unfortunately. I've got many SS figures; Yoda, both Fetts and Vader and never had an issue until now. It's a huge figure and a shame to hear so many issues out the box.

Will do, chop, thanks for your replies!

Given that this was my first figure I am a bit mad, so I'll probably ask for a refund. Figure looks awesome, but feels cheap (in my opinion). I'll still keep my Kerrigan statue pre-order to see if that feels a bit better in terms of quality.

Cheers guys :)

Best of luck to you guys in regards to getting a refund or a replacement. I'm still waiting to here back from that department as to weather or not they will replace my figure. If I haven't heard anything by Monday afternoon I'll be contacting them again. Glad to hear you've had positive experiences with SS before chopsueyboi. Hopefully they get everything sorted out for you. I know I certainly want this figure on my shelves, I'm just hoping I can get a replacement without it having any of the same problems I've already experienced.

Will do, chop, thanks for your replies!

Given that this was my first figure I am a bit mad, so I'll probably ask for a refund. Figure looks awesome, but feels cheap (in my opinion). I'll still keep my Kerrigan statue pre-order to see if that feels a bit better in terms of quality.

Cheers guys :)

Sucks that that's your first SS figure experience, my Vader was from SS and it came out flawless and awesome!

Best of luck to you guys in regards to getting a refund or a replacement. I'm still waiting to here back from that department as to weather or not they will replace my figure. If I haven't heard anything by Monday afternoon I'll be contacting them again. Glad to hear you've had positive experiences with SS before chopsueyboi. Hopefully they get everything sorted out for you. I know I certainly want this figure on my shelves, I'm just hoping I can get a replacement without it having any of the same problems I've already experienced.

Did they offer to replace the whole figure as a whole? I thought that was one of the options to return the flawed unit for them to ship a new one or you may be entitled to a refund in full?

In the initial email they sent to me they offered me $60 to keep my Raynor as is, and stated that if I declined the offer they would look into getting me a replacement figure. I sent back an email declining the offer and stating that I was looking to replace my figure as a whole since I felt that the one I received had too many flaws. I still have not heard back from them regarding whether or not they will be able to ship me a new figure.

I simply just sent them a messege about my issues and asked for a refund for my issues. They sent me a return label and it was shipped next day. I REALLY want this figure but the value just isnt there for me.

Back