Sideshow 1/6 Starcraft Raynor Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking of getting a few (or a big one) cabinet for my growing collections, which start to overwhelm my existing shelves. I'm just wondering if the one you use in the picture is just simply the "DETOLF Glass-door cabinet" from IKEA. The one on their website doesn't seem to have light up strip on each level.

I would appreciate if other people have suggestions for relatively simple showcase cabinet too. Thanks in advance.

PS: I'm thinking about putting Raynor, Kerrigan staue and Tychus together, so the height and width are quite important too.

Those are the IKEA Detolf's with custom lights installed.

ok, at least I can always get these from IKEA. I actually want something wider and taller for each level. Don't know if anyone here bought a bigger cabinet like that before.

Tried to pop the cap to get to the screw, no go.

Ok, this loose front "toe" section of the foot is interesting.

The left foot seems to be put together differently than the right. When you move the upper foot armour up you can see the inner workings of the joint, the left on mine definitely has screws under a cap, I can see the pilot hole and the tip of a thread, the right doesn't have the holes, seems to be that the cap is in fact a plastic rivet instead. Probably why it's loose. Just a guess at he moment though.

Tried to take some pics to explain.

The front foot cap I'm talking about, one on both sides of the foot:

IMAG0618v2.jpg~original

The right foot joint (loose) without screw?, both pivots on this foot are the same:

IMAG0619v2.jpg~original

The left foot joint (tight) with hole and screw, both pivots have a screw:

IMAG0621v2.jpg~original

While this isn't a huge issue, he stands alright but the left foot joint is noticeably stiffer. I might drill a small hole to see if there is a screw, doesn't make sense to build the feet differently.

I don't think this is a return/replacement issue, the rest of the figure is gold. Pretty sure I can do a simple fix, like Scareb with his wrist joint. The more I mess around the more moving parts I find, such a cool build.

That's interesting. There must be some screw in there for tightening, I noticed that it's all the joints of the foot that are loose, the back one isn't as serious since it can only go up a little bit, but having the front loose is the big issue. I couldn't see any way of how it could be taken apart without breaking something.

The worrisome thing to me is the fact that it doesn't look like there ARE screws to tighten in the foot. I'm wondering if it's an all plastic assembly, which would explain why it's so loose. Mine doesn't want to stand on his own with any weapon in front of him. For safety's sake, I'm gonna get him a stand, but I may have to go for one of those 18'' doll type ones. The wrist screws were stripped on mine, so I couldn't tighten them, but the superglue trick (dripping a little down into the joint and working it back and forth) tightened it up for me. I hope we can figure this feet thing out. I'm not above tightening a figure on my own, but for what we paid, I didn't expect this level of trouble getting the figure to stand. Still not regretting it. This thing is a beast!

Still working on this - checking with a magnet didn't indicate a screw is there so I built up some courage and did a neat little 1.5 mm test hole looking for the screw, it's a plastic rivet.

So plan B. I will drill all the way through to the inside of the hub and use a M2 x 16mm Hex Socket Button Head Tapping Screw.

These are the screws I'm thinking of, but they are only 12mm, bit too short:

M2%20x%2012mm%20Hex%20Socket%20Button%20Head%20Tapping%20Screws.jpg~original

If they don't bite up enough I could just use a similar button head M3 machine screw with a nut and washer, there's a ton of room in there.

Oh, welcome to the forum TheRhino :wave

Surprise there is not a thread on Tychus. I decided to get Tychus. For those who have Raynor on hand. How you guys like him? Pros and cons pls :)

Surprise there is not a thread on Tychus. I decided to get Tychus. For those who have Raynor on hand. How you guys like him? Pros and cons pls :)

there is one, its just burried

Also got my Raynor yesterday, pretty awesome figure over all, hard to get him to stand while holding the gun though, definitely a shelf diver

There are some opinions a couple pages back. Overall consensus is awesome figure with a couple minor flaws.

The most objective review of any Sideshow product I've ever seen.

Great review, is sad that my collection in the past with sideshow there is always been a problems, lose joints or broken pieces. I really wish they don't wasted such a good figure design into parts problems. I'm sure most of the collector not just looking for looks of the figure and also QC itself. 500 dollars is not cheap and it should reflect the price tag on it's owe. Hot toys is doing a good job, that is why so many products and resale value in it. that is just my input.

Thanks, DeadLeaves! And thanks for trying to figure this out for us. I'm confident enough following instructions, but I'm way too worried to try any expirimental surgery on something I can't really afford to get another of if I really mess it up. Considering the bulk and weight of the figure, I'm suprised that the feet aren't ratcheted.

K got my Helmet off... Pain in the ass. Easy fix though, I shaved down the teeth of the 3 clips slightly, still fits snug and clips, but comes out much easier

Figure looks fantastic but the quality concerns definitely tilt me to passing on it.

I might get one later on if it severely comes down in price.

Got him in today and ****ing LOVE him. He's big and bad and figuring out how his joints move is definitely terrifying for a while, along with that helmet removal. I had one small half inch panel on his foot break off due to a stuck joint on the armor, so people should definitely be careful. It's was an easy fix but parts of this guy are definitely fragile. All my major joints seem solid, and his legs actually move quite a bit more than I expected based on the reviews so far. With a little work I believe a running pose will be possible. My wrists are tight enough to hold the revolver anywhere but one handing the larger guns causes sag. Together they do fine. The lights are BRIGHT. Like, hurt to look at them bright. Face paint is off the charts great, up there with the best of hot toys, although there is a minor visable seem between the hair and his sideburns.

Overall this is a marvel of design, I can't think of another toy that is literally built from the ground up like this- when you move him you feel each and every piece and panel of armor move under your hands like it's an actual mech suit that was built piece by piece on top of this person because, well, in a sense it was.

Bring on Tychus and I really, really hope we see a pair of zerglings. Or Kerrigan with a Zergling. Warfield! Everybody!

Figure looks fantastic but the quality concerns definitely tilt me to passing on it.

I might get one later on if it severely comes down in price.

I agree. As much as I want this figure, I can't seem to overlook the quality concerns that I have. So far, I've been hearing loose joints, pain-in-the-butt helment, pieces breaking because some areas are fragile, screws are so small and can be easily stripped, etc. That's not a $500 quality figure IMO. Don't get me wrong, he looks stunning (Paint job looks great!), I just wish he was a little more durable and easy to work with.

I'll keep listening to the reviews as more people get it in their hands.

I got my Raynor this morning and I've got a lot to say about him, so to start, I'm gonna get my concerns out of the way because I feel like they are the most important.

I wanna start with my biggest concern, and that is my figure's LEFT foot. There is absolutely zero stiffness in the left foot. When I'm posing Raynor I'm shifting the weight onto the right leg because if I don't stand him just right, that left foot is coming out from under him because it is so loose. I'd seen some concerns about loose feet, and I gotta say I didn't imagine it would be as bad as it is. There is no resistance at all in the joints on his left foot, and I can move it around however I want even when he is standing straight. This confuses me a bit, because his RIGHT foot is solid as a rock. His right foot is great and definitely feels like it can support the figure, but as far as the left foot is concerned, it needs a home fix, or to just be completely replaced all together.

My second concern is that the right chest cooling vent will not sit properly in the chest the way it is supposed to. I can pull the left one out just fine, and then push it back in and have it flush, but the right right cooling vent will not stay flush with the chest. It insists on pushing itself out. And I don't mean that the vent is a little loose and keeps popping out, I mean unless I've got my finger on it holding it there, it will not go flush with the chest at all. Once again I'm confused because I'm not having the same problem with the other vent at all.

other than those too things, and I feel like those are legitimate concerns for something I paid $500 dollars for, I only have two other small complaints. On his butt panel, next to the two back cylinders, the decal has been applied a second time in a different spot, and you can really tell that is not supposed to be there. Also, I', missing the silver perforated panel on the back of his right leg just below the knee joint. I've got similar complaints about the helmet being a huge pain in the ass, but other than that all of my joints were tight (save for the previously mentioned foot) and I haven't had a problem getting him to hold any of his guns.

You know I really love this thing, and I'm super glad to have it, but I gotta say I agree that I can't recommend it for $500 dollars. For that much money this figure should be perfect and he isn't. It is true that there is an incredible amount of detail and the figure feels like a labor of love, but I can't sleep at night knowing my $500 figure might be diving off the shelf because of a poorly made foot. I'll be sending Sideshow's exchange department an email because I want to have this piece really badly, but I want it to be done right. If you are a Starcraft fan, then I promise you will adore this figure, but be cautious and reasonable with yourself if you decide to get him. If he has problems, let Sideshow know, (and if you feel like you should, talk to the returns and exchange to hopefully get those problems addressed) that way hopefully Tychus will address the issues that seem to be persisting with this figure.

Back