Sideshow 1/6 Starcraft Raynor Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrives Monday and I could not be more excited. Just look at how badass this guy is. Loose joints are common issues for literally every other 1/6th figure I have, so I can deal with whatever minor issues when they crop up. I can fix a loose joint, I can't make a weak sculpt or bad paint or crap clothes better. While I'd be impressed if the figure was 100% problem free out of the box, my other figures have trained me to expect such things from 1/6th and this will be my ultimate grail of a piece. Now give me a zergling 2 pack damnit!

Scareb I really liked your review since I think it was the first one I've seen that thoroughly talks about all the great things about this piece, while still addressing the negatives of it in depth. (I haven't seen anyone else talk about the helmet so I really appreciate you pointing out that it is a pain to deal with initially.) In the one video review the british guy says that he isn't sure he would recommend anyone else get Raynor at $500, my question to you is, do you feel like Raynor is worth the money you paid for him?

Scareb I really liked your review since I think it was the first one I've seen that thoroughly talks about all the great things about this piece, while still addressing the negatives of it in depth. (I haven't seen anyone else talk about the helmet so I really appreciate you pointing out that it is a pain to deal with initially.) In the one video review the british guy says that he isn't sure he would recommend anyone else get Raynor at $500, my question to you is, do you feel like Raynor is worth the money you paid for him?

Thanks man. As for recommendations, I would say it's well worth the $500 easily. when you compare this figure to a normal hot toys, you're getting ALOT more than double the figure. I can't speak for the larger ones like Iron Monger and ED 209 but seeing the Iron Monger next to Jimmy, Iron Monger looks like a toy. This really does feel like a premium collectible. The paint and decals alone are completely ridiculous. You could spend ages just tracking down the little caution decals on his armor and reading them and trust me, even the tiniest ones, you can read. As far as paint and decal work goes, I haven't seen a figure with this amount of work in ages. I enjoy this figure enough that I cannot wait to get Tychus to go alongside him.

Ultimately it's really up to the person buying. I'm a hardcore starcraft fan. StarCraft was the first PC game I ever bought as a kid and I've been playing it ever since (I'm not that great though haha). I think for any StarCraft fan, this is probably the definitive collectible to own. Aside from maybe the Tychus statue sideshow did of which there are a ton of knock offs. For someone who has never played starcraft or just think it looks cool, I honestly believe its worth it for the sheer amount of work gone into it. I don't regret buying this at all.

Well I am glad to hear you say that. I didn't get into Starcraft until Wings of Liberty came out, but I had always loved Blizzard's games, and I immediately fell in love with the series. I'm certainly not good at competitive Starcraft so I spent all my time in the campaign and loved it. Ever since I saw the Tychus statue that Sideshow made (and unfortunately I will probably never acquire one) I've been hoping for a collectible like Jim to be made. (I'm also super excited for Tychus since he is my favorite character.) The reason I ask if he is worth the money, is because I'm relatively new to collecting high end figures like this and statues. If Raynor is as much of a home run as you say he is then it will renew some of my faith in Sideshow to deliver awesome products, because the only interaction I have had with them so far, is the Gypsy Danger statue I now keep in it's box in my closet. If you haven't seen anything about that statue, the short version is that the paint job is an insult to anyone that was excited about it. (people like me.) I'm still waiting for Sideshow to charge my final $60 from my flex pay so that they will ship Jim out to me, and seeing all these reviews has me just as excited as I was when I first placed my order for him. I have no doubt in my mind that I am going to be blown away by Raynor, and I can't wait to place an order for Tychus too.

If you're anything like me, you'll be grinning ear to ear. Like I said, the only problem I really have is the limp wrist. I'll be contacting sideshow today and if nothing comes of it, I'm sure it's a super easy DIY fix. Everything else about this figure is mind blowing. I was a tad worried after seeing the drake and snake plisskin figures but this thing is an Aston Martin compared to their Kia.

Got mine last night too and I'm extremely happy. Like Norm mentioned - the headsculpt is extremely detailed - like Hot Toys and far better than we've seen recently from SSC. I had a little problem getting the helmet off and with loose hands, but very minor problems - nothing I haven't seen many times before with robot/battle suit figures from HT or threezero.

Spoke to customer service as well today and was referred to the returns and exchanges form. It isn't worth the headache of sending his hand or God forbid the entire figure back just because of a loose joint. I guarantee I can Google a diy solution that will fix him no problem.

Have I mentioned that I can't stop staring at him?

Hey Scareb, how did you reach customer service? By email, live chat, phone? I've kept my eye on the Raynor product page and it was updated today to show that he is shipping now, but I have yet to receive word from Sideshow that they are ready to charge my final flex pay payment. I'm wondering what the best method to get in touch with customer service is, seeing as the last time I used live chat, I didn't seem to get solid answers. It honestly seems a little ridiculous to me that I could place the order today and have a guarantee that he ships within 24 hours, but because I used flex pay I'm sitting here trying to convince them to take my money lol.

I finally pulled the trigger on it today. I couldn't put it on hold any longer since Sideshow offered me a surprise 10% (%50) off.

Hey Scareb, how did you reach customer service? By email, live chat, phone? I've kept my eye on the Raynor product page and it was updated today to show that he is shipping now, but I have yet to receive word from Sideshow that they are ready to charge my final flex pay payment. I'm wondering what the best method to get in touch with customer service is, seeing as the last time I used live chat, I didn't seem to get solid answers. It honestly seems a little ridiculous to me that I could place the order today and have a guarantee that he ships within 24 hours, but because I used flex pay I'm sitting here trying to convince them to take my money lol.

Just live chat. I've never had cause to call them and I've only used email for replacement parts. I know flex pay can be really finnicky but I've never done it myself. I'd say call them if you really need to speak to someone.

Hrmmm....didn't notice this until just now but his hand Wont just pop off, it looks like it's held in place by two screws on either side of the ball joint. Im not sure what type they are but definitely not Phillips or flatHead. Maybe the star one which I don't have in a micro screwdriver size. I hope they don't make me return the entire figure because of that.

Thanks man. As for recommendations, I would say it's well worth the $500 easily. when you compare this figure to a normal hot toys, you're getting ALOT more than double the figure. I can't speak for the larger ones like Iron Monger and ED 209 but seeing the Iron Monger next to Jimmy, Iron Monger looks like a toy. This really does feel like a premium collectible. The paint and decals alone are completely ridiculous. You could spend ages just tracking down the little caution decals on his armor and reading them and trust me, even the tiniest ones, you can read. As far as paint and decal work goes, I haven't seen a figure with this amount of work in ages. I enjoy this figure enough that I cannot wait to get Tychus to go alongside him.

Ultimately it's really up to the person buying. I'm a hardcore starcraft fan. StarCraft was the first PC game I ever bought as a kid and I've been playing it ever since (I'm not that great though haha). I think for any StarCraft fan, this is probably the definitive collectible to own. Aside from maybe the Tychus statue sideshow did of which there are a ton of knock offs. For someone who has never played starcraft or just think it looks cool, I honestly believe its worth it for the sheer amount of work gone into it. I don't regret buying this at all.

Great to hear your positive comments, man, work is gonna drag tomorrow knowing this will be at home when I finally break out. :lol

Guys question to those who have it.. Does your have an obvious gap between the Raynor's Sideburn and hair? I notice it on the videos of Tested and Kotaku .. OR you could just simply Push the hair, and the gap will not be notice. eqwewqewq.jpg

If anyone is looking to pick one of these up I just grabbed mine and there are 2 left on ebay for 458.99 and 459.99 with free shipping. The 458.99 guy has them in stock. Plus if you are part of the ebay bucks program today is 5X points day. So I collected an extra $50 bucks there. Drop dead price of 409 shipped for this guy, easy decision.

Got mine yesterday, it looks really awesome. But--the front jointed part of the left foot is loose, which means he can barely stand up on his own since he can't put any weight on there. Hopefully it's easy to get fixed, wouldn't have been an issue on arm joints, but I would always be worried about him falling over.

If someone comes up with some easy and permanent fixes for stronger and tighter joints please post it. Now if someone from SS said Tychus will be more expensive to make some of these few small issues fixed I'd be ecstatic and forgive lack of minigun.

Guys question to those who have it.. Does your have an obvious gap between the Raynor's Sideburn and hair? I notice it on the videos of Tested and Kotaku .. OR you could just simply Push the hair, and the gap will not be notice.View attachment 174901

The hair switches out with a more compressed version when you have the helmet on. It looks like it's not fully pushed down in that pic. The helmet is tight, so even the compressed hair piece interferes with the helmet and could get displaced. But I can see that this is the only way to make it look on-model. Somethings don't translate well from a computer game character to the real world.

Back