Sideshow 1/6 Starcraft Raynor Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was really surprised by the price, I never would of thought a 1 6 figure produced by a major toy company would go over $450. There may have been some possibly but I've never seen one.

No mention of a swap out head on the product page.

It's there, read carefully ;)

The Raynor Sixth Scale Figure features:

Fully Articulated Figure Body with highly detailed, fully articulated armor
Removable Helmet with retractable visor
Alternate Head(s) to display with helmet on or off
C-14 Impaler Gauss Rifle
Pistol with fabric holster
Sniper Rifle
Light up effects in chest, engine vents, and rifle (Images of finalized light-up effects, coming soon)

If Sideshow is capable of doing stuff like this, I want Gears of War figures.

Marcus_fenix.jpg

ACarmine_edit.jpg

89014_T_CharPortraits_LOC_theron.png

Drone_GOW_3.png

Last edited:
Preorder in.

I'll give it a shot and I plan on reviewing it on my youtube page. If I don't think it's worth $500 I'll be honest about it. haha

Also, do you have to post giant pictures of GOW characters? We all know what they look like haha.

Last edited:
Having said that, all we've seen thus far is the prototype. . .with SSC, that isn't always representative of the final product. In general, I feel SSC figures should be at least 20% less than their Hot Toys equivalents due to disparities in quality.

I really think that's not applicable anymore. Look at the latest 2 1/6 offered by SSC - Grievous and this. They are stepping up their game and starting to play in HT's sandbox. And as mentioned earlier in this thread - this figure is comparable to Iron Monger which was only $20 cheaper 2 years ago. And Raynor has more lights, more parts, etc.

I really think that's not applicable anymore. Look at the latest 2 1/6 offered by SSC - Grievous and this. They are stepping up their game and starting to play in HT's sandbox. And as mentioned earlier in this thread - this figure is comparable to Iron Monger which was only $20 cheaper 2 years ago. And Raynor has more lights, more parts, etc.

I agree in terms of price... and this does look to have a comparable (or even better) value to the Monger. But it's the finished product that is most important. Sideshow's dropped the ball on few expensive releases. This could either be a masterpieces, or a $500 hot mess.

The closest 1/6 example from Sideshow I can think of is IG-88. Overall a great figure... but the light-up feature was tempermental and poorly designed. The articulation was tricky and could easily be damaged and the paint work was pretty basic... it was good enough, but not at the level of weathering/price point we see from 3A.

So it will be interesting to see if Sideshow is actually able to deliver on a figure with this kind of price tag and not have any major QC issues or wtf issues (like Kenobi's plastic belt) that seems to plague them.

Is this smaller then the Tychus Findlay-statue SS released a couple of years ago? Only comparing the figures, not including the base for Tychus.

Awesome Raynor figure arrives! :clap

Then I see "dat price!"... aaaaaaaaaand it's gone.

I love Starcraft and I had wished they'd do this, and when I first saw the first images without a price tag I thought it was awesome but I was thinking "this is going to be expensive as a Hot Toys figure at about $250 maybe, not sure if I'll buy...", then I see the price is $500 and... at least now I'm certain at what to do: no buy! Sorry...

Delivery to Australia: 75 dollars. Hahaha. Well I'm not sure how much I want this figure anymore

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Is this smaller then the Tychus Findlay-statue SS released a couple of years ago? Only comparing the figures, not including the base for Tychus.

Slightly smaller I guess, this is 1/6 where the statues are 1/5, I might still have to get this though.

never play this game except d3 from blizz but damn, 500 for this 1/6? wtf?!! shouldn't he be at least 1/5?

I can't believe it's $500 for this? I guess ssc is taking a note on how much HTs charges for there figures.

For another $400+ you can get the original TF statue by SCC.:monkey4

Back