Sideshow 1/6 Starcraft Raynor Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be in if it was a actual Raynor figure with the removable armor. I'd even be in if it was two bodies, one armored and one regular and you swapped heads.
As is that price is kinda silly.

I just discovered how much it costs a few seconds ago.
Is this made of titanium?
If not, it probably also has an alarm clock, cell phone, microwave, and light up features run on nuclear energy.

Hi - did anyone actually see this Raynor 1/6 at SDCC? If so, what are your thoughts on quality and sculpt and paint? Does it look amazing in person? The pictures look really good and I am seriously thinking of preordering but want to hear from someone who saw it live. Pictures and live is always different. Thanks!

Heres my comic-con pics. It was a little bigger than Catwoman, which was next to it, but very wide. Not enormous like Igor or Hulk but same arm span, i guess. The paint looked really good. Lots of weathering and scratches all over it. Was expecting it to be around 350-400.

raynor1.jpg~original

raynor2.jpg~original

raynor31.jpg~original

I'd be in if it was a actual Raynor figure with the removable armor. I'd even be in if it was two bodies, one armored and one regular and you swapped heads.
As is that price is kinda silly.

Removable suit would be impossible. But I wouldn't have minded if they had done Tychus with his suit and then Raynor without a suit like he is most of the time.

Hi Centrocal - thanks for the pictures and comments.
Since you saw it live could you comment further on the quality of the sculpt - for example are the wires and tubes in the armour individually sculptured or just one chunk of plastic. That sort of thing. Sorry if ask this kind of thing but I want to have some comfort as to the quality of the piece before I put $500!! What was your impression overall in terms of sculpt quality?b the pictures look great though

Wow! I just noticed the price on this...crazy.

I played way to much starcraft back in the day and remembered Raynor on a bike and in a trench coat. Anyway, thought this was awesome but cleary im missing something with this pricetage, he's only 15'' in height.

Wow! I just noticed the price on this...crazy.

I played way to much starcraft back in the day and remembered Raynor on a bike and in a trench coat. Anyway, thought this was awesome but cleary im missing something with this pricetage, he's only 15'' in height.

It's a very large number of parts for a single figure, which means a complex manufacturing setup, that's why it's expensive.

I'm really contemplating still ordering this. I've wanted a figure like this ever since Starcraft 1 came out and they had those really crappy red and blue marine figures......

I saw this at SDCC and the pictures don't do him justice. Raynor looks amazing in person.

It's a must have in my opinion; even though the price tag stings...

Hopefully Raynor sells well enough to green light more figures. I really want a Ghost!

The only real complaint I have on this otherwise perfect figure is the HEV sniper rifle. It's just way too small. That thing is supposed to be massive!

Here are some more pictures taken from SDCC that I stumbled upon. Those details are unreal. It looks like all the tubes and pistons in his suit is individually positioned. It looks proportionally heavy and solid. I can already tell this is going to be grail piece in my collection.

SDCC-2013-Sideshow-Booth-068.jpg

SDCC-2013-Sideshow-Booth-069.jpg

SDCC-2013-Sideshow-Booth-070.jpg

SDCC-2013-Sideshow-Booth-072.jpg

SDCC-2013-Sideshow-Booth-071.jpg

Was it me or the top left LED is pointing at a different direction?

The gap between shin armors are pretty big. I remembered one of the promotion shots does not have those gaps, guess it is photoshoped.

This figure is hard to resist, gotta nitpicking to stop myself from PO :gah:

this thing took a huge dump on the already cool looking dc direct Tychus, but then we saw the price. and now that Tychus doesn't look soo bad

:D

Back