Sideshow 1/6 Starcraft Raynor Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the reason why i said "one of a kind" is becuase there is nothing to compair this to..There are no Jim Reynors out there other the the 29.99 Jim Reynor from DC.

the reason why i said "one of a kind" is becuase there is nothing to compair this to..There are no Jim Reynors out there other the the 29.99 Jim Reynor from DC.

There is the Hot Toys Iron Monger that is $20 less and 2.5" higher. Also has lights etc...

I agree that the only worthwhile comparison so far for something like this figure would be perhaps Iron Monger. While slightly larger, remember that figure originally went up for pre-order back in September of 2011, almost 2 years ago. Prices have gone up since then. Also, Blizzard is notorious for high licensing fees.

I loved playing Star Craft and I've always wanted a SC toy to tinker with.

That said, SC is very derivative and almost generic at this point. I think the figure looks good and I would go up to $250/$300... hmmmm. I think the crotch looks a little too big and dumpy too, But it's easy to find faults when you think something is too expensive.

I was excited, but probably a pass for me. I'll think about it. But I'm not as excited haha. I'm just not that big of a SC fan, even though I am a big fan.

I don't think most SC players could afford this to be honest.

Last edited:
You mean Korea, Korea as in South Korea.

But at $500 point it's not too bad, if you look at Medicom's 1/6 MA.K which should be around the same size & weight. But Medicom 1/6 cost $1000 and the figure can be detached from the armor and comes with lights.

I believe they are doing the Snow man which is also that expensive.

The Ma. K is lined with diecast throughout, has 4 working lights, and several moving parts, and a fully poseable pilot that can wear the armor.

Not to mention it's limited to 600 pieces, or at least the original release was. I think each piece took about 72 hours to assemble. They will probably make a few thousand of these.

This is just the head inside an intricate armor shell. I'm not saying it isn't really nice, but I don't think it's comparable when it comes to engineering, and materials. If Raynor could get in and out of the suit.. then we could talk. haha. I still don't know what this thing is made of... Diecast content? You'd think that if it had some they would be screaming about it.

Last edited:
The Ma. K is lined with diecast throughout, has 4 working lights, and several moving parts, and a fully poseable pilot that can wear the armor.

Not to mention it's limited to 600 pieces, or at least the original release was. I think each piece took about 72 hours to assemble. They will probably make a few thousand of these.

This is just the head inside an intricate armor shell. I'm not saying it isn't really nice, but I don't think it's comparable when it comes to engineering, and materials. If Raynor could get in and out of the suit.. then we could talk. haha. I still don't know what this thing is made of... Diecast content? You'd think that if it had some they would be screaming about it.

Can you imagine how heavy this would be if the armor was diecast? And the armor in the game story is probably not supposed to be metal anyway...no real point in doing diecast.

Really Iron Monger is the only comparable figure, and that was a little simpler in design and number of parts and lights.

I know it's expensive, but I really don't expect them have trouble moving them all with such a limited edition size. I do wish they'd done Tychus first though - his armor has a bit more interesting paint job.

(yea, I started playing the game when they announced the figure. It's just like old school Warcraft!)

Same here Darklord... I played the original SC when that came out... and just now got SC2. I like the sholder art on Tychus's suit better as well.

About 15 pounds. I'm not saying it should all be diecast. That would be silly, but it should have some diecast content for that price.

Yeah.. I kinda just want to wait for Tychus. If I'm gonna drop half a grand I want a cool color scheme.

Last edited:
I haven't even played Starcraft 2 but I love this armor and all the details.
$500 is a lot of money. It will cost me an arm but I will PO anyway, thanks flexpay.
My only regret is that because of the price tag, not every fans will be able to have one.

Yup at $500 I'm out too. Might try to catch it cheaper later on.

I want this Raynor figure, but I don't want it for $500!

Especially considering that Hot Toy made 1/6 scale vehicle for cheaper than that. It does look like a lot of pieces and work, but I think Sideshow is over-inflating the price a bit.

I know it's expensive, but I really don't expect them have trouble moving them all with such a limited edition size. I do wish they'd done Tychus first though - his armor has a bit more interesting paint job.

Yeah me too! Tychus's armor looks amazing. They both will look pretty cool together.

Back