Sideshow 1/6 Starcraft Raynor Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow 1/6 Tychus Figure

If this turns out good maybe I can get this instead of hunting the statue and spending my kidney on it.

I'm sold - I already have five of the DC Unlimited SCII Tychus figures...I'm for sure down for a 1/6th scale figure - and yes, it'll have to be 14-15" tall to be in scale - the character is mostly the same height as regular human characters, it's the figure's mass that's different (due to armor).

LOVE IT!

so this is a possible figure and not a statue?

Not even remotely familiar with the game, but damn if that's not impressive as all hell. I will be tempted to buy it if it doesn't cost $250-300.

Ever since the days of Starcraft and those crappy little figures have I wanted a Terran Marine. Now they have this? Instabuy.

It will cost at least $300 - no doubt.

If an Batman DX from Hot Toys can cost $220, this will easily be $350+...sadly keeping it out of many fine fanboy's hands... :(

I'm surprised that Sideshow would do this though, it's way more complex than any other figure they've done--it'd be a big deal even for Hot Toys.

Indeed and I hope that it's not a full Sideshow product but a collaboration with Hot Toys.

I simply hope it doesn't turn into a "slightly articulated" statue. I was pleasantly surprised by the articulation on the 9" DC Unlimited Tychus (which is no joke my favorite figure of the last two years due to fairly low cost, impressive size, decent paint, and good articulation).

If they're gonna do it in 1/6th scale, they'd better bring 1/6th scale detail and articulation.

HOWEVER, I hope Hot Toys stays out of it and away from it. While their design skills would be apprecaited, their involvement would simply add cost to the product and make it more expensive than it already will be.

Actually, I think Hot Toys has pretty good prices--things could be bad if it were Medicom, but considering the prices of some of the Hot Toys figures for what you get they do pretty good.

Holy moly, when I first saw the proto/mockup, I wasn't sure if it was really a 1/6 action fig or not. But if it's confirmed...I TOTALLY WANT THIS.

:panic:

Completely unexpected and just totally over the top!

Looks very expensive, If it's not to much I'd like to own one!

Back