Sideshow 1/6 R5-D4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine last night and had a chance to snap some pics and write up a quick review.

Review: Sideshow Collectibles Star Wars R5-D4 Sixth-Scale Figure « Pop Critica | Pop Critica

I actually like R5 more than I thought I would and even though there are pretty significant differences between production and proto paint apps, it's not detrimental to the overall figure. One thing I didn't mention in my review that I know a lot of you will apprecaite is that Sideshow tightened up the ankle joints on R5 and they're nowhere near as loose as they are on their R2-D2.

Star-Wars-Sideshow-Collectibles-R5-D4-Feature-1-1024x786.jpg

Great shot!

Hm. Just noticed that, to be screen accurate, we'll all need to pop the shoulders off and swap them around. Whereas with R2-D2 the bolts on the shoulder flipped around from front to rear and back again, I'm pretty sure with R5-D4 the bolts were always in the front.

R5 looks really sharp. Makes me wish this had been Sideshow's first astromech so that they could have done a better job on R2D2. Anyway, looks wonderful and it's nice to see a character from the very first scene ever shot for any Star Wars movie!

Is there a coupon code for February? For some reason there wasn't one for January.:gah:

This is such a gorgeous figure. If it wasn't for the 10% underscale thing (an issue obviously inherited from SSC R2,) this would literally be the onscreen droid zapped down to 1/6.

And Richalot - those are some of the best pics I've seen in any figure review. Great lighting and great poses!:clap

Just got mine and I absolutely love it. Maybe more than R2 despite my love for that character. It's definitely light but feels more sturdy than R2 if that makes sense. I don't know if there are color variations but he is definitely more "creme" than R2, mine is practically a bleached yellow but they look great next to one another. I just might buy every droid that SSC offers and just leave it at that.

IMG_8210 (1).jpg

IMG_8212.jpg

IMG_8222.jpg

I hope they branch out and we get the Star Tours display droids personally

0541-650x433.jpg

Did anyone else get an e-mail from Sideshow showing production pictures of R5? There is a picture of R5-D4, R2-D2, R2-Q5, and a black and gold droid that looks like R5-D4. Did I miss a PO somewhere?

Did anyone else get an e-mail from Sideshow showing production pictures of R5? There is a picture of R5-D4, R2-D2, R2-Q5, and a black and gold droid that looks like R5-D4. Did I miss a PO somewhere?

I didn't, can you screen shot the photo and post it?

b7780632a57b58531843c06aea877f4a.jpg

R5-J2 I think it's name is? There's so many. I can't keep track anymore haha

Back