Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try replacing the batteries. I think I remember people having all sorts of wacky problems with the lights that didn't seem low-battery-related. But it seemed to work.

I'll give that a shot when I have time next week. I really hope it's that simple

I haven't had any issues with my R2 (as yet...) but I was going to post in the SSC 3PO thread that my 3PO's touch on/off area (back of head) doesn't seem to work any more. And even though the batteries were pretty new, I tried to get the head off to try fresh batteries... but can't seem to get the head off now to get at the battery area, no matter how hard I pull.:(

I'm thinking about maybe painting the eyes (or inserting a high res color print of 3PO's eyes behind the laser-cut brass eye covers) so the eyes will look lit up without the need for lights. The issue is that unlike R2, the SSC 3PO doesn't look great without the lights on - he looks dead - whereas the Tama still looks like 3PO even without the lights on.

It's interesting that when I first got the SSC 3PO and R2 it did occur to me that even though the touch feature was brilliant (way better than the Tama switch-inside-head method) on both, I wondered how durable it would be in the longer haul.

Didn't everyone have problems with 3PO's head? Wasn't there a trick to it or the ol' hair drier or something?

The dome has been my peeve since day one, both the shine and the seam. Some examples were worse than others when it comes to the seam and mine was a bad one. I saw one boardie successfully get a replacement dome based on the pics he provided to SS. Mine was equally as bad, but all I got from them a day later was "they're all like that" :slap

The SS has a few other build faults, but they're not visible so they don't bother me. I suppose if I were smart I'd simply sand back the seam and repaint it with a chrome finish. Jamesthecat did a good job on getting a chrome look to the dome:

attachment.php

This is a brilliant C3PO, Lejuan. What did you use to give 3PO that oily, weathered look?

This is a brilliant C3PO, Lejuan. What did you use to give 3PO that oily, weathered look?

Yup, that's Jamesthecat's. If only it were mine, if only... pretty sure he posted a run-down of how he did it. It didn't look too hard, but it still takes massive balls to attempt it.

Finally found display case for this boy.
So happy how it looks in personal. Much better then this photos can show.

The case is IKEA Synas if someone want to know.
Dimension is 24*24*24.
I would kiss IKEA-s ass if they just produce taller one display 35-40 cm version.
Think i will e-mail them for our community.

Please dont send any critics for displaying because this was in hurry, before job.

1o9mro.jpg

slm9t3.jpg

rangck.jpg

Hi dudes.
I own this R2 and I am readying myself for the time of getting hands-on on it. Any issues/fixes/tips/tricks/best practices that I must take into account?
Thanks guys!
Regards,
m.

Hi dudes.
I own this R2 and I am readying myself for the time of getting hands-on on it. Any issues/fixes/tips/tricks/best practices that I must take into account?
Thanks guys!
Regards,
m.

Yes! Be careful picking this one up, the body is literally made from rice paper. Any moisture at all and it will simply dissolve in front of your eyes!

Hey!
Thanks buddy!
It is moving finding people like you around here, always ready to help!! :)
Regards,
m.

Yes! Be careful picking this one up, the body is literally made from rice paper. Any moisture at all and it will simply dissolve in front of your eyes!

Hi dudes.
Thanks guys!
Regards,
m.

The "arms" that pop out of the doors can cause the doors to not close flush. It usually has to do with the orientation of the arms when you put them back in. The doors WILL close flush, you just have to play around with it. Other than that, I'm a big fan of this figure. I don't think the Hot Toys one was worth the extra money...

Back