Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree it's the picky collectors who are probably making them less inclined to deal with this stuff. But the frustrating thing is, I'm not being picky here – I've repaired and even repainted a few SS figures right out of the box over the years – I've just had two domes that have had really glaring issues that make the figure look pretty crap on display. Ah well. I'll take the credit and live and learn, I guess ...

I haven't picked up any 1/6 scale figures since Commander Wolffe, but I think I'm going to pull the trigger on R2 this week. All this talk of QC issues with the paint have me a little worried, but I think I will take my chances.

I'm returning mine and going to order it again later when the new coupon code arrives this month. $20 isn't enough for me to turn a blind eye. It's going to bug me too much knowing that there's a flaw on the dome's paint.

Was thinking of using the MOM2015 code on R2 but it doesn't seem to work, on any product. :dunno

Edit: figured out it was only specific SKU's for the sale. Doh! :slap Oh well, this guy will stay on the back burner for now. Would like to know if HT will ever release R2.

Last edited:
copy010_zpsexqau0ua.gif

Ok, this figure is finally coming into the shop. Ordered today and should have it in hand in about 2-3 weeks, the next time I can go to my post office for a pickup. Battery eliminators to follow.

Ok, this figure is finally coming into the shop. Ordered today and should have it in hand in about 2-3 weeks, the next time I can go to my post office for a pickup. Battery eliminators to follow.

Cannot wait for this. ^

What was the wait?

Had other items coming through when the first batch arrived a few months ago, then couldn't pay by PayPal while the figure was back-ordered. I only do mailbox pickup once a month at most, so this is the next opportunity since it's been back in stock. :)

Last edited:
Looks very impressive. I wish licenced manufacturers would offer stuff like this. It gives so much power to displays.

@Matrix69 - That looks fantastic! It looks like you sized it for a detolf, and I'd thinking of making a similar BG. What door did you base the design from?

@Matrix69 - That looks fantastic! It looks like you sized it for a detolf, and I'd thinking of making a similar BG. What door did you base the design from?

It looks like the door to the escape pod from the beginning of A New Hope. "R2, we are not allowed in there"

Super cool looking.

Looks very impressive. I wish licenced manufacturers would offer stuff like this. It gives so much power to displays.

Thanks,it's just a photo print that a friend made for me. I don't know which door it's suppose to be but it looks great! Was hoping HT and SS would start making backdrops and include them as part of the packaging like BCS are doing with the DW figures. It's a nice touch and really adds to a display.

Back