Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine today, was an EX conversion that looks to me like a return due to the copious amounts of tape on the box and several things wrong with it. Chipped door, scratched paint on dome, gouges painted over. Plus it feels like a $10 item when you pick it up. I didn't pay much for it, having had a reg on order with RP's that they switched over for me, and still feel like it was too much. Not real impressed.

Quick question, Only the front periscope light actually lights up, correct? The one on the top of his dome and in back do nothing, correct?

So, I'm at just about 3 months since my R2 was shipped, and 65 days since I got my replacement part email, and I still haven't received my replacement parts from Sideshow. This is pretty crappy customer service.

Your replacement part email should have had a tracking number. Contact UPS. Or call sideshow who may not know the part didn't get to you. Bitching on a web site probably won'tget you very far.

Your replacement part email should have had a tracking number. Contact UPS. Or call sideshow who may not know the part didn't get to you. Bitching on a web site probably won'tget you very far.

They haven't even shipped it yet. I've emailed CS multiple times since the original email and keep getting the same "they're on BO and we're expecting parts in 2-3 week".

I am gonna repaint mine FARK IT

The blue is crap lets face it , all the blue panels look hokey

I also have nicks and flashing all over the silver rim this R2 is gonna get an overhaul .

I am going to use Tamiya Metallic Silver for the dome

Tamiya Metallic Blue for the panels, and I am going to take off all of the weathering and redo it myself with weathering kits and washes.

I am also going to sand off the seam line on the dome and also fill in the small dents where the flashing was .

I will probably do all this then Hot Toys will release their version

TYPICAL HOT TOYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am gonna repaint mine FARK IT

The blue is crap lets face it , all the blue panels look hokey

I also have nicks and flashing all over the silver rim this R2 is gonna get an overhaul .

I am going to use Tamiya Metallic Silver for the dome

Tamiya Metallic Blue for the panels, and I am going to take off all of the weathering and redo it myself with weathering kits and washes.

I am also going to sand off the seam line on the dome and also fill in the small dents where the flashing was .

I will probably do all this then Hot Toys will release their version

TYPICAL HOT TOYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heres my repaint so far .

Weathered lower body for a Dagobah grimey look and feel . I rechromed the dome and in process of doing the metallic blue panels.

10256069_897188883636614_6753738847949703896_o.jpg
11136210_897191443636358_2488989699839473492_o.jpg

10011986_897188790303290_8993330429612702386_o.jpg

11154608_897191463636356_5884331153325326869_o.jpg

I'm curious...as shown in the picture below..
Is the middle "leg" - in red circle not flexible / swing as the "leg" colored in black circle?

- it can't lay flat on the surface.

Picture taken from matrix 69.(Sorry for illustration purpose only)

star wars 027a.jpg

Appreciate some feedback.

Thank you.

When you don't pull the middle leg all the way out (and only part way like it looks in the movies), then it can be a bit tricky to get all the feet lying flat on the ground. But it CAN eventually be done. :)

I think I read it a ways back in the thread but I'm curious, for those of you that got rid of the silver smidge on the blue "eye" piece, how did you do it without disturbing the blue underneath???

Thanks in advance.

Just got the EX today from ordering him late last week. Went on waitlist and converted the very next day. I like him! Aside from ALL the doors being loose, and the figure being really lightweight, he's a good figure. The lights are amazing, and surprisingly bright.

My first Sideshow SW figure. I waitlisted the C-3P0 EX the same day and he converted a couple days ago, so looking forward to completing the duo.

When you don't pull the middle leg all the way out (and only part way like it looks in the movies), then it can be a bit tricky to get all the feet lying flat on the ground. But it CAN eventually be done. :)

Thanks, davejames. It is challenging to get the pose as per the box as per the movies.

I just got one yesterday, but there seems to be a problem with my dome lights. They don't turn on when you press the "on-button" and you have to fickle with the batteries before getting the lights to turn on. Pretty disappointing for a figure at this price point. Is this a common problem?

There's a piece of plastic in between the batteries. You have to pull it out before it will work. I had to figure this out the hard way too. They should have included some kind of note in the instructions. Hope that helps.

Back