Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My R2 has been sitting on my porch for the past 3 hours freezing his dome off and I won't be able to get to him for another 3 hours or so. Definitely going to let him thaw out before messing with him.

And no, I won't tell any of you where I live. :lol

Out for delivery.........:yess:

U P S-man where are you.........:gah:

Well once again UPS has screwed me on yet another delivery.
The snow has stopped and there were UPS trucks in my area yesterday.
They're saying a weather event in my area has delayed it again.
I wish SSC used Fed Ex!
:mad::gah::mad::gah:

.................I'm in the middle of moving so I can't set mine up until next week. I'm looking forward to seeing how well the new R2 scales up with my medicom C3-PO.

The look decent, however are too big. The other thing is you would have to drill into R2's dome to fit the dispenser. Here are a few shots.

AGGGHH didnt think about dispenser part DOH! I may end having to buy a 2nd then. Oh well thanks 4 pics Q bomb :duff

Bummer. Mine originally was scheduled to be delivered today. But it is held up in Maryland now for some reason.

Just got mine in and I decided to remove the weathing and it's looking great. The dome is a nice chrome and the figure is whiter.

Just got mine in and I decided to remove the weathing and it's looking great. The dome is a nice chrome and the figure is whiter.

Wow - you have stones of Sankara to even attempt that. Interested to see pics!

I received mine today and I'm completely pleased with R2-D2. He definitely feels light, but not nearly as breakable as some people were warning. I doubt he could be made much sturdier without changing the material, and thus, the price. The scale may be ever-so-slightly off, but this is not an issue for me. He looks amazing next to Tamashii's C-3PO. This is an awesome figure, Sideshow. Great job!

Lopie you are insane! I like it.

R2-D2 1.jpg

People are really clinging to that Taito clock. Don't understand it... it just looks horrible.

It's okay in hand (in a happy meal toy way) but it's the correct scale that sells it. It just feels like R2 because of the correct scale, and the sculpt isn't bad at all (even though many parts are off) and in three leg mode - where he's tilted so you don't see the sculpt as much - it looks pretty damn good. I also added a little red "light" to his front and it really helps the look a lot - as is, it's all just silver, white and blue.

I'm still contemplating getting a second SSC R2, but the Taito will definitely be used for display somehow, even if it's drinks tray (which was my "hide" plan for SSC R2 if I didn't love it.)

My R2 is ****ed.... Just contacted returns/exchanges... The pop up eye hatch doesn't lay flat. :(

:lol:lol:lol I know, but it's too big an eye sore to ignore.

8f4c0decabc7bd2114cc7070a3f18c7d.jpg

Just received my R2 today, and I have the same problem with mine. Everything else is perfect. It works fine, The eye even stays stays up on its own no problem like some people are having. Just won't close flush when clicked back in. Did you contact Sideshow? Did they answer? I'm curious how they'll handle this cause everything else on mine is great. The hatches don't really open even when I tilt him. The only thing that opens on its own is the top center where the dispenser would go. Really don't want to give up this guy and get one with new problems... :impatient:

Just got mine! Love it so far. I was worried about the LED light up function, mainly because I was completely oblivious to the fact that they put a touch sensitive panel on his dome to toggle through the different light modes. I was handling it and was getting scared as to why it was randomly turning on off and the projector randomly turning on and off. So yeah I feel stupid.

He looks great with the weathering removed... what method did you use Lopie? I tested out some rubbing alcohol on the silver next to his eye and it didn't budge, but it looked like some of the lighter weathering might have come off a bit.

Back