Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the multi colored light at the back. Someone needs to mod that with fiber optics. That would make this thing totally awesome.

Might not be too difficult. Remove and relocate the LED module + some optical filament and some hotglue. Not sure if I'll ever have the time to try it, but I do plan to see if I can change up the red/blue LED on the front a bit. Either solid red or split red/blue like in the movie, without flashing. We'll see.

Night time shots for a better appreciation of Holo Leia. table's light-up is pretty strong.

102.JPG

103.JPG

Disclaimer: Prototype shots pending Pixelpiper approval. Final shots may be slightly different :lol

Might not be too difficult. Remove and relocate the LED module + some optical filament and some hotglue. Not sure if I'll ever have the time to try it, but I do plan to see if I can change up the red/blue LED on the front a bit. Either solid red or split red/blue like in the movie, without flashing. We'll see.

I hope you find a way. That would be perfect

Every time I see the table I get the urge to make a custom one at the correct (or closer to it) scale. Damn, if only I had a lathe, it would be so quick.

Night time shots for a better appreciation of Holo Leia. table's light-up is pretty strong.

View attachment 163999

View attachment 164000

Disclaimer: Prototype shots pending Pixelpiper approval. Final shots may be slightly different :lol

Very cool night pic. I was hoping to use the bartend table with my hasbro but think sideshows r2 is slightly bigger, can anyone confirm if he can use drink table with the hasbro r2 version ?

Very cool night pic. I was hoping to use the bartend table with my hasbro but think sideshows r2 is slightly bigger, can anyone confirm if he can use drink table with the hasbro r2 version ?

Unfortunately, I do not own Hasbro's R but I'm sure someone on these boards will provide you with a shot or confirmation drinks tray fits or not.

I'd guess not, but if no one else does it first I can check when I get home. You'd also need to drill a hole in the top of the Hasbro figure if you wanted to use the serving arm.

I did try the tray on the Taito and it kind of fit, but I worried it might too much stress on the plastic and cause it to snap somewhere :lol

The look decent, however are too big. The other thing is you would have to drill into R2's dome to fit the dispenser. Here are a few shots.

Doesn't look too bad there. Certainly a good enough to go in a display... I did real haphazard weathering to one awhile back so I could have him peaking into Yoda's window.

Back