Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. Never controlled the red/blue light separately. Just on and off for that particular bulb.

Yeah. I just watched it again. One touch turns the blinking lights on, second touch turns the projector on.

So to get it on, some people just have to touch the dome while others have to give it good twist?

Any simultaneous action required around the seam area?

:wink1:

What does everyone make of that slop of silver paint on the left of Artoo's largest eye? It's on the production sample that StarWars.com, Rebelscum, and Yodasnews all received.

View attachment 159723

So I'm wondering, is that about as far up as the life scanner and periscope extend? In all the pics I've seen so far, they never seem to extend up as high as they should, which would be annoying as the life scanner is probably my favorite R2 gadget to see deployed. :(

Yep. Its a painting technique called weathering. :)

The only problem with that is there's no weathering or paint chipping anywhere else on the dome (and the weathering we see elsewhere on the figure is very subtle). Which means that one area on the eye stands out a LOT more than it should right now.

So I'm wondering, is that about as far up as the life scanner and periscope extend? In all the pics I've seen so far, they never seem to extend up as high as they should, which would be annoying as the life scanner is probably my favorite R2 gadget to see deployed. :(

Give this man some extension...

833-5678.jpg

Christ, seam, incorrect height on scanner, no sounds, no color inside compartments, drink fluid already inside cup, no girth, bad silver dome...

CANCELLED!!!!

All is looking well in GGC's video! Looking at the RS pic with 3P0, proportions may be off an 1/8" here and there. It may not be unadulterated perfection, but it's damn good and the best we've gotten so far. Really, there aren't any guarantees that HT could do it better if they offer their own. Nice to see how well this turned out!

So I'm wondering, is that about as far up as the life scanner and periscope extend? In all the pics I've seen so far, they never seem to extend up as high as they should, which would be annoying as the life scanner is probably my favorite R2 gadget to see deployed.

I've tried a few times to extend it further, but I've had no luck. I recall the Battle Droid being the same way when I got early samples. They maaaaaay go higher, but for fear of breaking them I haven't been able to.

:slap

Here's where the confusion comes in...

Heads Up! A friend of mine advised me with regards to turning on the lights by tapping the left blue panel;
1) Tap 1-opens all the lights except the projector light.
2) Tap 2-opens the projector light.
3) Tap 3-closes all the lights.

and he said there's a bonus feature too.:r2d2line
The sensor is sensitive that hovering your finger over the panel can turn on the lights as in sequence mentioned above.
It's like using "the force" thing.:wink1::clap

Give this man some extension...

833-5678.jpg

Christ, seam, incorrect height on scanner, no sounds, no color inside compartments, drink fluid already inside cup, no girth, bad silver dome...

CANCELLED!!!!

"Ethical decisions ensure that everyone's best interests are protected. When in doubt, don't."
-Harvey Mackay

Still waiting mine and with all the fuzz going on about it still a good choice and the best to date. Can't wait to display it with my HT Bespin Luke!:clap

Back