Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heads Up! A friend of mine advised me with regards to turning on the lights by tapping the left blue panel;
1) Tap 1-opens all the lights except the projector light.
2) Tap 2-opens the projector light.
3) Tap 3-closes all the lights.

and he said there's a bonus feature too.:r2d2line
The sensor is sensitive that hovering your finger over the panel can turn on the lights as in sequence mentioned above.
It's like using "the force" thing.:wink1::clap

"Ethical decisions ensure that everyone's best interests are protected. When in doubt, don't."
-Harvey Mackay

Still waiting mine and with all the fuzz going on about it still a good choice and the best to date. Can't wait to display it with my HT Bespin Luke!:clap

You didn't read very far back, did you? Nor do you know me at all.

You didn't read very far back, did you? Nor do you know me at all.

No I didn't read far back. Just did a quick check.
Sorry about that ,no harm intended and yes, I don't know you at all nor do you know me too.

Just watched the review video that Yoda News did & it looks a pretty impressive figure, shame about the strike or we'd all have this figure by now. :(

That may be the case, but I don't recall Artoo ever looking that way on screen.

Yeah, that weathering doesn't seem accurate for any of the classic trilogy (at least in any of the ref pics I have - maybe it's just in a scene or two.) It's possible it was that way in the prequels or in a Star Wars prop show they used as reference.

Yeah, that weathering doesn't seem accurate for any of the classic trilogy (at least in any of the ref pics I have - maybe it's just in a scene or two.)

Being the masochist I am, I scanned all three movies last night - there is never a chip or scratch on R2's blue eye frame in any scene in any of the OT movies. There you go. Like a lot of this R2 unit, it's just stuff someone at Sideshow made up.

Being the masochist I am, I scanned all three movies last night - there is never a chip or scratch on R2's blue eye frame in any scene in any of the OT movies. There you go. Like a lot of this R2 unit, it's just stuff someone at Sideshow made up.

Maybe it's from the PT. Let's see how much of a masochist you are and see if you'll scan those! :monkey3

I just noticed on Sideshows page its updated with "final product photos". :lol Wow. I wonder if thats what they'll do from here on out.

Last edited:
[...]Like a lot of this R2 unit, it's just stuff someone at Sideshow made up.

I wish I knew what actually happened during product development at all these companies. I understand economic realities for some decisions, but there are always these mysterious creative decisions going down. Like there's a Toy Illuminati out there. :confused:

Maybe someone at Sideshow thought that R2 *should* be damaged around the eye. He falls flat on that spot on rocky terrain when the Jawas capture him in ANH. Again in ESB when he shoots out of the swamp and flies through the trees before landing head first.

Back