Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So does this only have the one flashing setting with the lights? Or is there also one that simply lights up?

The old video said that you 'touch once' for lights on, and 'touch again' for the projector lamp to go on, then the '3rd touch' shuts it all down. So I think the blinking and changing lights cannot be locked onto one color -- if that's what you're asking.

The old video said that you 'touch once' for lights on, and 'touch again' for the projector lamp to go on, then the '3rd touch' shuts it all down. So I think the blinking and changing lights cannot be locked onto one color -- if that's what you're asking.

Yes that is what I was referring to. Sorry if I worded it weirdly!

That's a shame, really. I like the blinking but it should have a non blinking option as well.

Yes that is what I was referring to. Sorry if I worded it weirdly!

That's a shame, really. I like the blinking but it should have a non blinking option as well.

No non-blinking option.

So he comes in a plain white box?

I believe just the early review samples do, If you look on StarWars.com they have the actual production box.

Awesome review video! Thanks, looks nice

Thanks, he is a great piece!

The figure is looking really good to me. Sort of wish there was an option for the light to stay solid rather than only blink but for the most part it'll be unlit sitting on the shelf anyways.

Looks really good in that video. This is one figure where i wish they were some sound effects. No doubt this will be the first of a line of Astromech droids. It'll be like the Clone Troopers all over again.

Looks really good in that video. This is one figure where i wish they were some sound effects. No doubt this will be the first of a line of Astromech droids. It'll be like the Clone Troopers all over again.
Yeah I agree. The price point on this figure is lower obviously but kind of odd that they put in the sound bite feature (albeit just one) in their Probe Droid figure but don't put any type of sound for R2-D2. Not a deal breaker but it would have been nice.

What does everyone make of that slop of silver paint on the left of Artoo's largest eye? It's on the production sample that StarWars.com, Rebelscum, and Yodasnews all received.

image.jpg

Yeah I agree. The price point on this figure is lower obviously but kind of odd that they put in the sound bite feature (albeit just one) in their Probe Droid figure but don't put any type of sound for R2-D2. Not a deal breaker but it would have been nice.
Sideshow Alex said they tried but couldn't incorporporate it due to lack of space.

Wait. The Other video showed a touch pad to the left of R2s eye that switched the lights from red to blue to blinking. This guy says you turn the head to turn the lights on. I am really hoping for the touch pad to control the lights. Also there is a magnet rod to open the doors so you don't have use your fingernails as this guy did.

Are we sure his finger is not just resting on the touch pad as he swivels the head thinking that is turning them back on?

Back