Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Super shiny versions of these characters is like an "off" head sculpt on a human figure. ;)

357505-sr_b408e87c36393e.jpg

Was it Sideshows plan to release their R2 as a dirty version as opposed to a clean shiny version that would've instantly matched Tamashii Threepio? Thoughts?

Will SSC Threepio therefore be a weathered version?

I don't think SS gives a flip about Tamashii doll.

357505-sr_b408e87c36393e.jpg

I know you're not trying to say C3PO was ever clean/pristine and super shiny in the movie, so you must be trying to show his weathering. There are much better scenes to show that of course, even on the Tantive IV. C3PO is weathered right from the start - the super clean Tamashii rendition is just another one of its many faults. ;) SSC's rendition is going to make the Tama look like something from Hasbro. :panic: He's like an articulated Academy Award. :rotfl

With C-3PO it would be easier for customizes to make a shiny version look weathered than to make a weathered version look shiny. I would think from what I have seen people do anyway.

If the SS 3PO is released with shiny plastic pants I'm not going to care too much, you can weather him yourself at $150.00 a pop. It's not going to feel like attempting to weather the Tama.

Its a shame that Tamashii didn't release an R2. So the SS one will have to do, good thing the price is not too bad.

Well said, I think it's much easier to overlook the sizing, seam and lack of being metal at $150.00 with the extras. By making R2 just a tad smaller was probably a conscious choice by SS in order to sell their 3PO along with it...i'm guessing. It certainly sounds like a smart financial decision.

I didn't read all the post but if this one is the right size, than I am all in!

Back