Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you think it's worth it? What are they going for these days?

I think HT's price is a bit high since it's barebones but it's still an upgrade from SS's accessory laden R2 regardless. Kinda puts it in the same ballpark as SS Maul V2 where it looks really, really nice but is lacking value.

I don't know what SS's R2 is selling for. I'll be curious to see if HT's hurts the resale value much.

Looks like you can get Sideshow R2 on ebay for $164 right now. I didn't check the average price.

I imagine you could get $120 or so for a clean but 'used' R2 with box and all the gear.

I don't think that will change. People willing to spend more will not want used Sideshow anyway, and there will always be people who think HT prices are silly and would be happy for a half-priced R2.

I think HT's price is a bit high since it's barebones but it's still an upgrade from SS's accessory laden R2 regardless. Kinda puts it in the same ballpark as SS Maul V2 where it looks really, really nice but is lacking value.

I don't know what SS's R2 is selling for. I'll be curious to see if HT's hurts the resale value much.

Oh I agree, and I'm in the same boat. But I think I'll be happy to hold onto the SS anyway.

@Wor-Gar - that's more than MSRP. I guess if people have missed out on some of the sales then that's what they'll be paying at this point.

If it holds to that price a year from now I'll gladly apply that towards HT's R2. I don't use anything that came with him and my battery keeps draining which makes the light up feature a mute point so I'm all for HT's even if it's just the figure.

Or you could always dress up SS R2 in his serving tray gear from Jabba's sail barge... its about the only wardrobe-change R2 ever got to have.

Or put a little tarp over it and say its TFA R2.

If it holds to that price a year from now I'll gladly apply that towards HT's R2. I don't use anything that came with him and my battery keeps draining which makes the light up feature a mute point so I'm all for HT's even if it's just the figure.

That battery is a pain, makes the light-up feature practically useless. It was nicely tap-on-the-head touch-activated though.

The sideshow is still in stock. No free shipping but it can be had with the usual $25 or $30 coupon and might have been available with the $50 coupon when that was offered.

I hated the seam and bought a few to get one that wasn't as apparent. Then did the alcohol rub on the dome to bring out the metallic look. I'll likely pick up the Hot Toys R2, but the price lack of accessories (which completely indicates future more stacked versions) definitely has me on the fence.

Will the next one be weathered as nicely? Will those parts be compatible with this one?Will the opening panels make it look cheaper or better?

Pretty happy with my R2, but with the Tama 3PO a metal R2 dome would look great.

DSC_0020.jpg

I've seen quite a few pics where the front seam in particular is barely noticeable. Were the seams on mine not so prominent I could put up with the lack of chrome finish.

The j/k was about hating it. It does have the seams, but no biggie. I'll refinish it if they bother me.

The j/k was about hating it. It does have the seams, but no biggie. I'll refinish it if they bother me.

Ah, gotcha. Well I certainly don't hate mine. But now that there's an alternative...

...coming in a year's time...

...that might well be the same size...

...and cost 50% more...

WOW... when people were complaining about the seam, I really didn't know what they meant. NOW I understand. I guess part of the reason I've been so happy with mine, is that I never saw a seam, and (now that I know it's there) it's barely noticeable in normal light, or shelf light.
Threepio $ Artoo a.JPG
Threepio $ Artoo b.jpg

Back