Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love that pic!

Thanks.

1 thing to note about this incredible droid is that you can't leave the batteries in and the switch on, cause in just 1 night your batteries will be completely drained. When not in use switch it off and put that white tag in that slot just to be sure. It's a good thing I had extra batteries in hand to get it to work again.

Thanks.

1 thing to note about this incredible droid is that you can't leave the batteries in and the switch on, cause in just 1 night your batteries will be completely drained. When not in use switch it off and put that white tag in that slot just to be sure. It's a good thing I had extra batteries in hand to get it to work again.

That's not at all true, it's possible that's the case with yours, but I've had mine with the switch on for a few months and it still works for me.

That's not at all true, it's possible that's the case with yours, but I've had mine with the switch on for a few months and it still works for me.

A lot of people have had battery drain after a few weeks. Not after one night, but depends on how good they were to start I guess.

A few, like you Ton Ton, have had no trouble and the batteries last a good long time. Just read about two pages back. You're lucky. And no fried chicken smell either I suppose?

All my figures smell like fried chicken. But if it's draining after one night even with new batteries that just seems like a defective dome.

All my figures smell like fried chicken. But if it's draining after one night even with new batteries that just seems like a defective dome.

They really shouldn't drain at all. So I guess its to what degree your dome is defective. Somewhere in there, a wire is touching metal when it shouldn't be.

Just put brand new batteries in and forgot to turn the switch off. 3days later batteries dead.

In three days??? That sucks. I just got new batteries myself but haven't tried them out. I do remember my original batteries lasted at least a few weeks. Not sure how long after that.

That stinks. I think I've changed them probably three times since getting the figure in April but I usually leave it in the on position. Sounds like mine is an anomaly if everyone else is having this type of experience. Mine usually seemed to die when I would forget to turn them off and leave the room and a half hour later or hour later I come back the red light is just flashing on and off and nothing else does anything.

That stinks. I think I've changed them probably three times since getting the figure in April but I usually leave it in the on position. Sounds like mine is an anomaly if everyone else is having this type of experience. Mine usually seemed to die when I forgot to turn them off and left the room and a half hour later or hour later I com back the red light is just flashing on and off and nothing else does anything.

Oh well so you're NOT on your original set of batteries. That makes more sense, your third set.

I think with all these theories about battery life and a possible defective dome, I think it makes more sense to just keep the switch to off position and that little white tag inserted in the slot, as it was packaged, for peace of mind that a month or year later, your droid will still light up.

I think I threw away the little tab but I'm sure I could make another. That's probably the best idea though. Unfortunate as it is this should not be an issue when you pay $150.00 for something. Hasbro would never have let this happen.

I think I threw away the little tab but I'm sure I could make another. That's probably the best idea though. Unfortunate as it is this should not be an issue when you pay $150.00 for something. Hasbro would never have let this happen.

You're right that it shouldn't be that way. Hasbro/Kenner made all the Star Wars vehicles and this never happened. I was shocked I played with the lights all day and the morning after, all I had was the red light blinking and then it went completely dead. But this droid is still a good back-up until we get the HT version.

I was going to wait till Christmas and open R2 but decided to open him up early. Unfortunately within under five minuted of having him out of the box I broke one of his doors. It wouldn't stay closed so I pushed it in and it snapped of the hinge. Outside of his compartments opening all the time he looks great. The light up features really add to him. I'll take some pictures of him crashing Han's party later.

Back