Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So if a battery dies or drains on you first, is there still a chance of it leaking? Because I've had lots of dead batteries in my time, but hardly any actual leak that I can remember (other than in some of my old toys from the 80s perhaps).

In any case, I am tempted to put some kind of red or blue gel in R2's eye, so he can still look like he's actually "awake" on my shelf even when the lights aren't activated.
Any battery can leak, I had a At-AT from the 90's still in the box that has batteries leak and another toy from 90's in the box that batteries just dies. There seems to be no rhyme or reason why one battery leaks and another doesn't

Finally get to use Ben's table with R2 and the hologram (been sitting in the box all this time)!

1R2ben_zpszrkjptjv.png

Awesome! ^

Thanks! :hi5:

I decided this is the scene I'll be displaying my HT Luke farmboy in.

Did you pick up Ben or just parts?

Oh, just parts (that's why he's in here, not Ben thread) - that's the Hasbro robe that I haven't really done anything to yet. Need to tighten the inner brown shirt around neck, weather the robe to bring out the weave pattern and shred the edges slightly. It's actually a pretty nice robe and fits well - for Hasbro that is.

Not sure about adding the patches - they look kind of odd even on the real costume.:lol

I will say poor lil' R2's height continues to bug me - this Ben is just under 12" and R2 had to come up more than a 1/4" to match the screen reference pics of Ben/R2.:slap

Dead batteries will still leak. In my humble experience, its not charge left on the battery, its age. This is not a sure bet, but odds go up as the battery gets old, that it will leak.

So if a battery dies or drains on you first, is there still a chance of it leaking?

Yes. A battery might drain to the point where it can't power the device it's in, but it still has enough chemicals in it that can possibly leak out. YMMV. If you're not using something regularly, don't leave batteries in it. With flashlights, check batteries regularly.

I did get it figure out including the ability to override the touch sensor with a user-installed widget I created. Only two issues: I dislike making the parts by hand and with this solution you can't turn on the projector.

Ok. Gotcha. And thanks for the battery tips. I'll be taking all mine out when I get home.

I did get it figure out including the ability to override the touch sensor with a user-installed widget I created. Only two issues: I dislike making the parts by hand and with this solution you can't turn on the projector.

Does this mean we shouldn't expect to see it or is it still under production consideration?

I'm doing a few for people, selectively. :) The power part is something that I want to have produced professionally as I've designed it to be generic and will work with other small battery compartments. The widget I'll always have to make by hand - which I can do much more easily with one new tool.

I got my R2D2 today and although it's like a light, flimsy plastic, it's very impressive to have until HT makes their own. The lights alone makes up for the light design.

Mine came in a Sideshow box, but it wasn't in the usual shipper box with the name and UPC on it of R2D2. Is that how everybody got theirs?

It's a very good figure. The one thing that would have elevated it to "great" would have been having the dome made of aluminum (aluminium for those of you across the pond...) :wink1:

I don't have a problem with the body and legs being plastic but the dome is R2's "head sculpt" and it would have looked amazing in "real metal".

The lighting effects are fantastic, though.

It's a very good figure. The one thing that would have elevated it to "great" would have been having the dome made of aluminum (aluminium for those of you across the pond...) :wink1:

I don't have a problem with the body and legs being plastic but the dome is R2's "head sculpt" and it would have looked amazing in "real metal".

The lighting effects are fantastic, though.

Hopefully that's what HT will do when presuming they make there one

That's the way mine came too. I think everybody got it packaged this way, at least those that bought from SS directly.

Thanks for your reply. I had forgotten that's how SS will package their stuff sometimes when they don't make a shipper for the figure.

R2D2 meets the Dark Knight.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    608.8 KB · Views: 196
That's the way mine came too. I think everybody got it packaged this way, at least those that bought from SS directly.

I bought mine direct from SS and it came in it's very own brown shipping box and has R2D2 Deluxe written on it.

Back